A lot of characters that we know will be rereleased are from the Genshin Impact closed beta; Xiao was one of them. It's rumored he might come coming in the first update of 2021, but honestly, we are not sure!
Genshin Impact Xiao Skills, Talents, and Ascension
Xiao is a 5 Star Anemo user who wields a polearm. It is rumored that Xiao will be coming in Genshin Impact Version 1.3, but that is still very much a rumor.
Xiao was a playable character in the second closed beta for Genshin Impact but was not available in the final beta test. This is how we know that he will definitely be a playable character in the game at some point or another, very much like Ayaka.
All information here is information taken from the closed beta, so details may have changed when she releases. So as always, take everything with a pinch of salt.
Thanks to Genshin Honey for this information!
- Normal Attack
- Perform up to 6 consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack
- Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to perform an upward thrust
- Plunging Attack
- Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE Damage upon impact.
Lemniscatic Wind Cycling
Xiao lunges forward, dealing Anemo damage to enemies in its path.
- Can be used in mid-air.
- Xiao begins with 2 charges.
Bane of All Evil
Xiao dons the Yaksha Mask that set gods and demons trembling millennia ago.
- Yaksha's Mask
- Greatly increases Xiao's jumping ability.
- Increases his attack AoE and Attack Damage
- Converts Attack Damage into Anemo Damage that cannot be overridden by any other elemental imbuement.
In this state, Xiao will continuously lose HP, and the effects of this skill end when Xiao leaves the field.
Talent and Ascension
- Transcension: Gravity Defier
- Decreases climbing Stamina consumption for your party by 20%.
- Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the same effects.
- Conqueror of Evil: Tamer of Demons
- While under the effects of Bane of All Evil, all damage dealt by Xiao increases by 5%
- Damage increases further for every 3 seconds, the ability persists.
- The maximum damage bonus is 25%
- Dissolution Eon: Heaven Fall
- Using Lemniscatic Wind Cycling increases the damage of subsequent uses of Lemniscatic Wind Cycling by 15%.
- This effect lasts for 7 seconds and has a maximum of 3 Stacks.
- Gaining a new stack refreshes the effect's duration.
- Dissolution Eon - Destroyer of Worlds - Constellation Level 1
- Increases Lemniscatic Wind Cycling's charges by 1.
- Annihilation Eon - Blossom of Kaleidos - Constellation Level 2
- When in the party but not the currently active character, Xiao's Energy Recharge is increased by 25%.
- Evil Conqueror - Wrath Deity- Constellation Level 3
- Increases the Level of Lemniscatic Wind Cycling by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Transcension - Extinction of Suffering - Constellation Level 4
- When Xiao's HP falls below 50%, gains a 100% Defense Bonus.
- Evolution Eon - Origin of Ignorance - Constellation Level 5
- Increases the Level of Bane of All Evil by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Evil Conqueror - Vigilant Yaksha - Constellation Level 6
- While under the effects of Bane of All Evil, hitting at least 2 opponents with Xiao's Plunging Attack will immediately grant him 1 charge of Lemniscatic Wind Cycling, and for the next 1 second, he may use Lemniscatic Wind Cycling while ignoring its Cooldown.
Remember that all information in this article is based on Xiao's details from the closed beta. So, upon his official release, whenever that may be, details may have changed. So still take everything with a pinch of salt.
If you're looking for information on the Genshin Impact 1.3update, check out this post! Stay up to date with the upcoming banners, and keep an eye on our Genshin Impact codes to get some free goodies!