Among Genshin Impact's lineup of swords is the scarlet Cursed Blade, which will officially be renamed Kagotsurube Isshin once players obtain the weapon in-game. It's a good sword option for characters who love the Attack stat, as it comes with an Attack-boosting substat and passive.
How to get the Kagotsurube Isshin in Genshin Impact
The Kagotsurube Isshin can be obtained for free by completing Kaedehara Kazuha's first Story Quest, the Acer Palmatum Chapter: Act I - A Strange and Friendless Road. It can be unlocked using one Story Key, and can be initiated by meeting the following requirements:
- Reach Adventure Rank 40 or above
- Complete the Inazuma Archon Quest Chapter II: Act III - Omnipresence Over Mortals
- Complete the Raiden Shogun's Story Quest Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act I - Reflections of Mortality
Kagotsurube Isshin stats in Genshin Impact
- Base Attack: 42 to 510
- Substat: Attack (9 to 41.3 percent)
- Passive: Isshin Art Clarity—When a Normal, Charged, or Plunging Attack hits an opponent, it will whip up a Hewing Gale, dealing AoE Damage equal to 180 percent of ATK and increasing ATK by 15 percent for eight seconds. This effect can be triggered once every eight seconds.
The Kagotsurube Isshin cannot be Refined, so its passive stats also cannot be improved.
Ascension materials for the Kagotsurube Isshin in Genshin Impact
|Ascension Phase 1||x5,000 Mora, x3 Mask of the Wicked Lieutenant, x3 Gloomy Statuette, x2 Spectral Husk|
|Ascension Phase 2||x15,000 Mora, x3 Mask of the Tiger's Bite, x12 Gloomy Statuette, x8 Spectral Husk|
|Ascension Phase 3||x20,000 Mora, x6 Mask of the Tiger's Bite, x6 Dark Statuette, x6 Spectral Heart|
|Ascension Phase 4||x30,000 Mora, x3 Mask of the One-Horned, x12 Dark Statuette, x9 Spectral Heart|
|Ascension Phase 5||x35,000 Mora, x6 Mask of the One-Horned, x9 Deathly Statuette, x6 Spectral Nucleus|
|Ascension Phase 6||x45,000 Mora, x4 Mask of the Kijin, x18 Deathly Statuette, x12 Spectral Nucleus|
Who can use the Kagotsurube Isshin in Genshin Impact
Despite being crafted using the Kaedehara Clan's bladesmithing style, the Kagotsurube Isshin is not an ideal weapon for Kazuha. Instead, it's better used by sword users who scale off Attack, such as:
- Kamisato Ayaka
- Kamisato Ayako
Out of the characters above, Jean and Qiqi can benefit the most from this weapon, but it's still not their best-in-slots. However, if you don't have too many sword options at your disposal, the Kagotsurube Isshin is a decent alternative.
Check out our guide on Is Freedom-Sworn in Genshin Impact a good 5-star sword? to discover a better weapon option for Kazuha.