VALORANT has been sweeping the Internet by storm and has become very popular with Twitch streamers. With more and more people trying this game out it is of course necessary to know the best settings to input so that it runs at its best. So, here are some of the best recommended settings for VALORANT.
- Resolution: Whichever your native monitor resolution is with a minimum of 60 Hz, e.g: 1920 x 1080.
- Display Mode: Fullscreen.
- Limit FPS – Off - if your computer is of a high spec then this shouldn't need to be turned on. However, if you are on a more budget rig you may need to limit the fps to improve performance.
- Detail Quality: Mid - gives you a good FPS rate without sacrificing too much detail. If the frames aren't as high as you'd like you can change it to Low.
- Material Quality: Mid - same as above except with material.
- Texture Quality: Mid - same as detail except with textures.
- UI Quality: Mid - same again as detail except with UI.
- Aspect Ratio Method: Letterbox - means that the game has black bars but that it won't be stretched and appear too spread out.
- Multithreaded Rendering: On - having more threads in your processor rendering at once increases performance.
- Vignette: Off - as this can decrease visual clarity.
- Vsync: Off - can help stabilize the frame rate but usually leads to lagging.
- Anti-Aliasing: MASS 2x - makes it so the edges don't go blurry. If you are on a budget rig then turn this Off.
- Anisotropic Filtering: 1x
- Shadows: On - shadows actually don't add much to the game so you can turn them off to improve performance if you need to.
- Distortion: Off - makes it harder to see what is going on.
- Improve Clarity: On
- Enhanced Gun Skin Visuals: Off
Related: How to Reduce Lag in VALORANT
- Master Volume: High
- Voice Over Volume: High
- Sound Effects Volume: High
- All Music Master Volume: Low - this improves the overall mix.
- Announcer – On
- Gameplay – Off
- Tactical Callouts – On
- Agent Flavor – Off
Extended Laptop Settings
- Limit FPS Always: Off
- Limit FPS in Background: On
- Limit FPS on Battery: On
- Limit FPS in Menu: On
Looking for some more VALORANT tips? Check out all the weapon damage stats.