Skater XL is a fantastic addition to the skate game line up, and has many hours of content to sink your teeth into (more so if you play on PC rather than console). Perfecting tricks and setting up lines is really satisfying, but then there's the Around the World achievement... Here's the catch with that.
How to get the Around the World Achievement in Skater XL
The Around the World achievement requires the player to travel over 40.075 km total in-game; and that is real kilometers as well... The good news is that instead of taking thousands of hours to complete, new methods have been found that cut the time significantly. But, it will still take a few hundred hours, 100 hours minimum if you are lucky...
To get the achievement quickly (relatively speaking) you are going to want to perform a glitch. There are two methods below to set your game off tracking the 40km.
- Load the game and go to The Big Ramp map.
- Once loaded in, use the Session Marker (press Triangle on PS4 or Y on Xbox) and head towards the Invisible Wall which is North East of the ramp.
- When you have reached the Invisible Wall set your marker a few board pushes away (a couple of feet).
- Proceed to ride towards the wall doing a flip trick, and when your skater hits the wall press either Triangle or Y again to access the Session Marker.
- You need to check whether your marker is going past the Invisible Wall. You will need to repeat this process until it does.
- Once you are certain it is breaking through the wall, push your Session Marker forwards until it hits the Second Invisible Boundary and follow it round towards the hills/mountains.
- When you are at the top of the mountains as far as you can go, with the Ramp to your Left you can then spawn your skater in.
- Don't touch anything on the controller, just let your skater roll and they will start rolling naturally down the mountain side. Once they reach the end of the stretch they will either Fall Off of the Map or Hit the Invisible Barrier. When this happens they will simply respawn and start the process all over again without you doing anything.
- After this you can leave the glitch running for as long as your console is on and the game is active.
Related: How to Do Common Tricks in Session.
- Load the game and go to the Downtown Los Angeles map.
- Head to the building pictured below and using the Session Marker head into the building so that it becomes Invisible:
- Once in the building try to find the spot that is just back from clipping the ledge (this is not easy but see the pictures below for reference).
- When you have found the ledge, set your Session Marker forward slightly so the building exterior disappears and you can see a Hillside under the city.
- From here, do a flip trick to jump off of the ledge and when you let go you should see the city start to rise into the sky and go further up until it fades out. When this happens your skater is in free fall and the game is tracking the distance.
- If it lets you fall and then resets after a few seconds then the glitch has not worked properly.
- With this method there is quite a lot of trial and error, so it will probably take a few attempts to get it right. After you have found it you can leave it running much like with method one.
Currently, these are the two most common and effective glitches to getting the game to track your distance quicker. As stated above it still takes at least 100 hundred hours to complete the achievement, and usually takes a bit longer than that. Thankfully in most cases you can let it do the work for you by leaving your console/PC running (not very power efficient we know!)
Need some more Skater XL help? Check out how to do manuals using the dual stick controls.