Our Saviors of Uldum Control Taunt Warrior Deck Guide features a detailed look at the best deck list for this popular archetype. This deck seeks to utilize some new Taunt based synergies from the new expansion to wall of our opponent and buff up our minions.
Taunt Warrior has been played with before in the past, it was originally messed around with whencame out. It did not fare too well at the time, so I'm not totally confident in another attempt at it. This deck also seeks to utilize the hand buff mechanic, which again had been utilized previously, but met with poor results. So, while optimism isn't super high for this type of deck, it did get some potentially powerful cards that might be able to push it over the hump.
Control Taunt Warrior Deck List
|2x -||1x -|
|1x -||1x -|
|2x -||1x -|
Control Taunt Warrior Mulligan Guide
- - A great stat-line for a 1-drop and can help give us some survivability with the extra armor it provides. This deck can be a bit slow, so we can use the extra health.
- - Great early game card that draws us a card from a limited selection in our deck.
- - It's a cheap taunt that gets us an additional taunt. We also get three choices, and now that we have an idea of what our opponent is playing, we can make a more educated decision on what we need.
- - Only keep if you know for sure your opponent is playing a slow deck. This is a powerful card, so if we can guarantee that we have it, that's a pretty good thing.
- - Believe it or not, you should usually keep this card. It is so good and it has a huge impact on our winrate if we have it in hand and can use it as soon as possible. You'd only not keep it against very aggressive aggro decks.
Control Taunt Warrior General Gameplay Tips
The deck has morphed quickly into mostly a Control Warrior with some of the strong cards from the Saviors of Uldum expansion being added into it. There is some Taunt synergy here, so I still feel okay calling it a Taunt Warrior of sorts.
This style of deck is largely just about stalling out the board as much as possible early on. We use our early game minions to hold onto the board, and cards likeand get us additional resources to work with for future turns. If our opponent starts to takeover in the mid-game, we have AOE like , , and to stop them from getting too far ahead. We've also got which can help us get rid of higher health boards.
is a new addition to the deck, and it trades well because of the Rush and then respawns via the Reborn mechanic. This forces our opponent to have to trade into it or potentially lose another minion.
Once we get later into the game, try to use thatto hit some of your Taunt minions. and in particular are the cards we'd love to be able to hit with the buff.
is one of the ultimate late game resource generators. If you stall your opponent into what is going to look like a fatigue battle, then this card will give you the ability to gain additional cards that should help you finish the game. Not only do you get ten cards in your deck, you get to choose which ones you get via the Discover mechanic!
The Power of the Mad Genius
Last but not least, we've got the powerfulto help seal up the game for us. Our deck does have some Mechs in it, so we're getting the buff from that, but we're obviously looking to get value out of the hero powers. Delivery Drone in particular is great for us because we can get additional resources to work with.
Saviors of Uldum Deck Guides Coverage
- Quest Shaman Deck Guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- Highlander Reno Mage Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Murloc Paladin Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide – Tip the Scales
- Lackey Zoo Warlock Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Obelisk Quest Priest Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Reborn Quest Paladin Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Secret Highlander Hunter Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Quest Druid Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Aggro Warrior Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
Control Taunt Warrior Other Card Choices
- - Good draw card for the early game, and works well with our damaging AOE cards.
- - Better for heavier control matchups, and can give us some additional resources for the later stages of the game.
- - Solid card that is good for trading into just about any mid-game minion. Most cards aren't going to have higher than 5-health at that point in the game.