These days, games are rarely released without the odd glitch and bug. In Horizon Forbidden West, players have been encountering a bug where they can not progress in a mission as they cannot examine a machine carcass. Here is how to get around it.
The mission in question is Reach for the Stars, where Aloy will need to find a machine carcass and examine it. If the game is not allowing you to do this, then do the following:
- Open the Pause Menu by pressing the Options button on your controller
- Click Restart from save
- Click X to confirm that you wish to start from your previous auto-save
- Once loaded, you should find yourself on high ground with a waterfall to your left
- Walk towards the waterfall and jump down into the river, swimming and following the marker to the machine carcass
- You should now be allowed to examine the carcass
- Press Triangle on your controller to do this
Once you have done that, you should be able to continue the mission as normal. There will no doubt be patch updates coming soon, but for now, at least there is a way around it for those who have been getting stuck.
Looking for more content? Why not check out How to destroy Metal Flowers in Horizon Forbidden West?