A large part of Marvel's Midnight Suns game is set in Abbey and its surroundings. Besides serving as your base of operations, it also hides many secrets you'll uncover during your playthrough. But to reach some areas, you'll have to unlock them. You'll need four Marvel's Midnight Suns Moon Seals to open the barriers leading to new zones. Find out how to get Words of Power - Break, Open, Purify and Reveal in Marvel's Midnight Suns.
How to get Words of Power in Marvels Midnight Suns
Unlocking Words of Power takes time, as each challenge requires a certain experience level. If you're not strong enough, you won't be able to get them all. The idea behind this is to slow your exploration so you can't rush. You'll have to acquire Words of Power in this order: Open, Reveal, Purify, and Break, as each unlocks a specific part of the map.
How to get Open Word of Power in Marvels Midnight Suns
To obtain the Open Word of Power in Marvel's Midnight Suns, you must talk to Agatha Harkness. She'll give you the assignment to find Words of Power. The first one is Open, and to get it, you'll need to do the following:
- Open the Blood Gate
- Enter Oshtur's Cavern
- Place Moon Seal on the column to activate the Challenge Mission.
- Start the first Challenge mission in Marvel's Midnight Suns.
- Defeat Lilith's demons called Lillin. You'll have your hellhound Charlie by your side, so use his power as much as possible.
How to get Reveal Word of Power in Marvels Midnight Suns
To get the Reveal Word of Power in Marvel's Midnight Suns, you need first to collect all Elemental rods to get another Moon Seal. To start the mission, head to the War Room in the Abbey and open the doors of the Library. After you talk to Agatha, visit these locations of Elemental rods.
All Elemental Rods Locations in Marvels Midnight Suns
- Air rod is located in the Whispering Wood.
- Earth rod can be found in the tomb at Hunter's Folly.
- Fire rod is located in the Chapel of the Abbey.
- Water rod is located by the swimming pool west of the Abbey.
Place the rods at pillars near Agatha's Altar, and you'll acquire a Moon Seal. Head to the Blood Gate location north of the Standing Stones (you can fast-travel there). Open the gate and start the Trial of the Elder Gods: Atum.
How to complete the Reveal Word Challenge mission in Midnight Suns
In this Challenge mission, your goal is to survive four turns. To do that, focus on killing Lillin and ignore the Guardians. If Charlie gets knocked out, revive her, as she can receive part of the damage to keep you alive. Afterward, use the Reveal Word of Power to exit the cave.
How to get Purify Word of Power in Marvels Midnight Suns
Follow these steps to get the Purify Word of Power in Marvel's Midnight Suns:
- Head to the Valley of the Winds, north of the second Blood Gate.
- Follow the path until you arrive at Hiram Shaw's Church.
- Use the Open Word of Power to unlock the doors.
- In the next room, use the Reveal Word of Power.
- Use the Open WoP to unlock the door leading to the backyard.
- Inspect the glowing ward.
- Talk to Dr. Strange.
- Continue regular missions until you face Venom. Defeat it to get a sample of the Symbiote.
- Dr. Strange will use it to create an item that will break the ward in Hiram Shaw's Church.
- Locate three Midnight Suns Witch Covens and retrieve Stained Soil from each location. Coven A is located near Standing Stones. Coven B is located near Stone Terrace, while the third can be found at the end of the stream west of the Abbey.
- Bring Stained Soil to Agatha and head to Hanging Tree west of the Shaw's Church, near the graveyard.
- Use the Reveal Word of Power to find the Moon Seal.
- Find the third Blood Gate in the southeast corner map in the Everflowing Glade.
- Complete the Trial of the Elder Gods: Hyppus Challenge Mission.
How to complete the Purify Word Challenge Mission in Marvels Midnight Suns
You'll need to be at least level 12 to survive the Purify Word of Power Challenge mission. The goal is the same as before—survive four turns, but with a twist. This time, focus on Dark Legion units, who can duplicate enemies. Of course, regularly knocking down those pesky dogs increases your chance of survival.
How to get Break Word of Power in Marvels Midnight Suns
You'll need three Moon Seal shards to get the Break Word of Power in Marvel's Midnight Suns. The first shard is located north of the Garden of Envy, while the second is east of the Garden of Envy. Finally, the third shard can be found west of the Everflowing Glade. After you collect Moon Seal shards, follow these steps to get the Break Word of Power:
- Talk to Agatha at Lilith's Garden west of Garden of Envy.
- Head to Agatha's cottage and find a flower.
- Return to Library to get the Moon Seal.
- Visit the final Blood Gate, located north of Lilith's Garden.
- Complete Trial of the Elder Gods: Set Challenge Mission.
How to complete the Break Word Challenge Mission in Marvels Midnight Suns
Reach at least level 16 to survive the Break Word of Power Challenge mission. Here, you'll meet a new enemy called Revenant, who heals enemies. Focus on killing them fast before he restores their health. Use unique cards and combat items to survive. Be ready for failure until you find the right combination of abilities that boost the hero's attributes and items. After you complete the challenge, place the Midnight Suns 4th Moon Seal to acquire the Break Word of Power.
For more information on Marvel's Midnight Suns, check out How to complete the Child of Darkness Hunter Challenge in Midnight Suns on Pro Game Guides.