Mojang has been hard at work on Minecraft 1.17 since they announced its existence at Minecraft Live 2020. On May 27, 2021, they dropped the first 1.17 Pre-release, which added several new advancements to the game. We have listed each of the new advancements and their descriptions below.
- Whatever Floats Your Goat: Float in a boat with a goat.
- Wax On: Apply wax to a Copper block.
- Wax Off: Scrape wax off a Copper block.
- The Cutest Predator: Catch an axolotl in a bucket.
- The Healing Power of Friendship!: Win a fight with an axolotl helping you.
- Glow and Behold: Make a sign glow.
- Light as a Rabbit: Walk on powder snow with leather boots.
- Surge Protector!: Have a lightning strike a lightning rod near a villager without setting the area on fire.
- Is it a Bird?: Look at a parrot through a spyglass.
- Is it a Balloon: Look at a ghast through a spyglass.
- Is it a Plane?: Look at a dragon through a spyglass.
That's all the advancements that have been added to the first pre-release. Be sure to check out our Minecraft homepage for more great content and guides!