Stats are the bread and butter of every JRPG, and in a game known to have a more traditional take on the genre, Octopath Traveler 2 is no different. If you’re confused about what all of the stats in Octopath Traveler 2 signify, this guide will list down all of them and what they mean.
What does each stat mean in Octopath Traveler 2?
Octopath Traveler 2 has ten stats called Attributes. You can view these numbers in the Status section of your menu. Just turn the page to the right with your arrow key. Both your characters and the enemies have the following parameters:
- Max. HP: Determines the character’s HP.
- Max. SP: Determines the character’s SP. SP is needed to use both magic and weapon skills.
- Phys. Atk.: Determines the power behind a weapon attack. If a mage or cleric attacks with their staff, it is considered a weapon attack. Skills that use a character’s held weapon are also weapon attacks.
- Elem. Atk.: Determines the power behind an offensive spell.
- Phys. Def.: Determines the character’s resistance to weapon attacks.
- Elem. Def.: Determines the character’s resistance to magic attacks.
- Accuracy: The higher it is compared to an enemy’s hidden evasion stat, the more likely a character’s physical attack will hit (and vice versa).
- Speed: Determines the character's placement in the turn order.
- Critical: Determines the chance of a weapon attack or skill hitting with critical damage (x1.25).
- Evasion: The higher it is compared to your enemy’s accuracy, the more likely you are to dodge weapon attacks (and vice versa). Spells ignore this stat.
Related: All side quests in Octopath Traveler 2 and where to find them
Later in the game, you’ll get a lot of neat skills like one that can make magic attacks hit with critical damage or those that increase the party’s evasion. Some characters have high and low stats by default, so always check what they’re good at and form a well-balanced party. Stats can also sometimes determine the best secondary jobs for a character to have, once the option becomes available.
For more help with Octopath Traveler 2, take a look at Octopath Traveler 2 system requirements and All Voice Actors in Octopath Traveler 2 here at Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
All Stats in Octopath Traveler 2 and what they mean, Explained