A week into the release of Outriders' Worldslayer expansion, developer People Can Fly has some insight to share with players. There will be a small patch coming on July 12, 2022, with a large patch being released toward the end of the month. The small patch consists largely of bug fixes, whereas the large patch focuses on expansive list of changes that are covered below.
Impending Outriders Worldslayer Patches
Tarya Gratar Rewards Adjustment
Tarya Grata serves as the new endgame activity with the release of Worldslayer. It takes players through an ancient city as they uncover the secrets of the Pax. There are several paths to take that reward a seeming overabundance of gear when compared to the previous endgame content.
However, this isn't enough for some players, as they've found a way to farm the final encounter. This rewarded them with Legendaries galore and, short of breaking the game with mods, was the fastest way of farming new gear.
People Can Fly will be making a few adjustments to remedy this. The proposed changes are set to be implemented via a backend update on July 12, 2022.
- Extra guaranteed Apocalypse Legendary RNG drops will be added to:
- Cliffside Path
- Daughter's Sanctuary
- The Arboretum
- The final Arbiter's Apocalypse Legendary drop rate will be reduced
- The minimum number of Apocalypse Legendaries will go up from six to nine for a complete run of Tarya Gratar
There are apparently a few builds that are fundamentally broken and are going to be brought back in line. Some of the examples provided were:
- A few builds can instantly one-shot bosses, regardless of difficulty level, making all content trivial and ruining any co-op fun
- One build allows players to become virtually indestructible while still outputting a large amount of damage. Players running this build can face-tank multiple hits of the final boss and not even drop their shield
- A different build has excessively reduced skill cool-downs so that they are non-existent
A specific date has not been given, but People Can Fly is looking at remedying the problem, as this impacts players' intended difficulty when in a co-op match.
Apocalypse Tier Adjustment
Apocalypse Tiers replaced Challenge Tiers with Worldslayer. With this replacement, an additional 25 levels were added. Each progressively increases the difficulty of the game while increasing rewards. It's similar to Diablo's Torment levels.
It's only been a week, and many players are finding themselves squarely in the mid-20s range on the new system. The design philosophy is that Apocalypse Tiers are a long-term engagement. But, as the studio takes in feedback, they are considering adjustments to the grind. Dependent on what is found, there may be some adjustments to soften the process.
- Due to a bug, Tiago’s “Mystery Purchase” and "Elite Offer" in the Expeditions Camp was able to roll Worldslayer Gear for players who did not own Worldslayer. This gear would not be usable, so it would effectively waste the resources of those players.
- A backend change has been made so that Tiago's store will no longer drop Worldslayer Gear below level 51. It will still drop Apocalypse Variant gear for Worldslayer players at all levels, but this will resolve the issue for base game players.
For more Outriders goodies, check out Best Pyromancer Build in Outriders Worldslayer on Pro Game Guides.