Following the 7-Star Charizard Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, players will face a new challenger in the 7-Star Cinderace Tera Raid event. This will be the second 7-Star Raid, providing a challenge and allowing players to catch a Cinderace with the Mightiest Mark. The event will run from December 30, 2022, through January 1, 2023, and return from January 13, 2023, through January 15, 2023. This may leave you wondering what the best Pokémon are for the Cinderace Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
Best Pokémon for the 7-Star Tera Raid Cinderace Event in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
During the event, Cinderace will be Fighting-type Tera, changing it from its normal Fire-type. You should still expect a mix of strong Fire and Fighting moves and some coverage in other possible moves. This includes Sucker Punch, Electro Ball, Gunk Shot, and Zen Headbutt. It will likely have its hidden ability, Libero, but it should retain its Fighting Tera type. Here are our recommendations for the best Pokémon for the 7-Star Cinderace Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
- Pelipper's Drizzle ability is a great way to weaken Cinderace's Fire-type moves. This also gives Hurricane a 100% chance to hit. Pelipper's bulk is decent and resists both Fire and Fighting-type moves.
- Sylveon has a phenomenal Special Attack, allowing it to take down Cinderace quickly. Its bulk is decent, so you will want to invest in Defense. You'll also want to take care if Cinderace knows Gunk Shot.
- Azumarill's Belly Drum Play Rough combo will also work well in this Tera Raid, though you will need to be careful about Gunk Shot. A strong support will go a long way toward helping Azumarill stay up.
- Daschbun's ability will nullify Cinderace's Fire attacks, and its Fairy-typing will resist its Fighting attacks. This makes Daschbun a great support Pokémon with Charm and Misty Terrain.
- Ceruldge is immune to both Fire and Fighting attacks due to its Flash Fire ability and Ghost-type. You will need to be careful, as Cinderace can learn Sucker Punch.
- Gardevoir is an excellent support Pokémon with Life Dew, Reflect, and Helping Hand. Its Psychic/Fairy combination will protect it from Fighting moves, though you may want to bulk its Defense.
- Scream Tail
- Scream Tail functions as offensive support. Reflect, Helping Hand, Noble Roar, and Misty Terrain allow it to help its teammates, but it can still attack with Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, or Play Rough.
- Hatterene functions similarly to Gardevoir, and the same move set will also work. The Healer ability is a good tool for clearing the occasional burn.
- Skeledirge is similar to Ceruledge, with its Ghost-type ignoring Fighting attacks and its Fire-type giving resistance to Fire moves. Its Unaware ability allows it to ignore any stat boosts that Cinderace may apply.
- Annihilape's Ghost-type makes it immune to Fighting moves, and its Fighting-type will protect it from Sucker Punch. It also has the Defiant ability, so its Attack will rise if Cinderace tries to lower its stats.
- Armarouge is immune to Fire-type attacks thanks to Flash Fire, and its Psychic-type will resist Fighting moves and allow it to use super effective attacks.
For more information on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, check out Best Competitive Builds for Armarouge in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and Best Annihilape Build for Tera Raids in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet on Pro Game Guides.