On May 30, 2021, the developers of Pokémon Go released a statement that the next season of the game is going to start on June 1, 2021 and run until September 1, 2021. They have revealed that this next season will feature several Pokémon debuts and drastic changes to which Pokémon will appear in raids, eggs, and in the wild. Let's look at the other major changes that are happening over the next few months.
- The season will start off with Regirock, Registeel, and Regice. These three extremely powerful Pokémon will appear in five-star raids for the first part of the season until June 17. Not much else is known about five-star raids for the remainder of the season, but they have stated that after these three Pokémon leave, a surprise Pokémon will take them over.
- Different Pokémon will start appearing in different environments. While this isn't exactly news, what's different is the fact that they'll be cycling out the Pokémon that show up frequently in the wild. We don't expect this to be the full list, but you can see a general idea of what Pokémon will appear and where in the following list.
- Cities: Alolan Rattata, Magnemite, Porygon
- Forests: Bellsprout, Doduo, Skorupi
- Mountains: Rhyhorn, Nosepass, Dwebble
- Bodies of Water: Magikarp, Marill, Wailmer
- Northern Hemisphere: Alolan Diglett, Staryu, Barboach, Petilil, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Summer Form Deerling, Sableye, Scyther, Combee
- Southern Hemisphere: Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Shellder, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Winter Form Deerling, Lickitung, Chimecho, Cubchoo
- New Pokémon will hatch from eggs. It looks like the hatch lists for all eggs are going to get a complete makeover. The list below outlines the Pokémon you'll see hatching from each egg.
- 2km Eggs: Meditite, Buizel, Sprizee, Swirlix, and more
- 5km Eggs: Togepi, Gligar, Skarmor, Bonsly, and more
- 10km Eggs: Timburr, Rufflet, Goomy, Noibat, and more
- 5km Adventure Sync Eggs: Cranidos, Shieldon, Skrelp, Clauncher, and more
- 10km Adventure Sync Eggs: Bagon, Beldum, Gible, Riolu, and more
- New types of Field research will be introduced. We don't know yet exactly which the new Field Research tasks will be, but we suspect that there will be both easier and harder new tasks.
That's all the information we have so far on what's coming. Don't forget to check out our Pokémon Go homepage to see our newest content and guides!
Do you want to get Eevee's latest form introduced to Pokémon Go? Check out our guide on How to Evolve Eevee and get Sylveon!