Blastoise is the next Pokémon coming to Pokémon Unite which will complete the generation 1 starter trio alongside Charizard and Venusaur. Blastoise will be coming to Pokémon Unite September 1.
Blastoise will be a defender Pokémon, making defender the third role to receive a new Pokémon after the attacker Gardevoir and the support Blissey were released. As a defender, Blastoise will likely feature a high endurance and support while its mobility will be lacking.
Blastoise's moveset has been revealed as well. The Pokémon will feature a melee-based attack while it uses long-distance water-based attacks as its abilities. Blastoise's moveset appears to have these moves:
- Torrent: When at half HP or less, gain increase Attack and Sp. Attack damage.
Level 1-3 Moves
- Water Gun
- Skull Bash
Level 5 Moves
- Hydro Pump: Shoot a stream of water that knocks back opposing Pokémon. The opposing Pokémon knocked back the furthest is stunned.
- Water Spout: Shoot water towards a designated location, slowing enemies for the duration.
Level 7 Moves
- Surf: Charge forward on a wave, knocking back enemies and stunning them.
- Rapid Spin: Retract into your shell, increasing the damage of basic attacks and water moves.
- Hydro Typhoon: Blastoise spins, shooting water and knocking back enemies in a large area. Also, gain a shield while using this move.
Blastoise was set to be the second Pokémon but with Blissey's surprise release, the water turtle Pokémon will be the third added to the roster. Following Blastoise will be Sylveon and Mammoswine but no official date has been announced. Seeing as Blastoise is coming in September and they have been releasing one Pokémon each month, it is likely the pair will join Pokémon Unite in October and November.