Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart sees the return of PlayStation's two lovable mascots, and the franchise looks better than ever on the PS5. Players may choose between the Standard Edition and the Digital Deluxe Edition upon purchasing the game, but since games are more expensive than ever, is the latter even worth it?
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Prices
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Standard Edition: $69.99
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Digital Deluxe Edition: $79.99
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Contents
For $79.99, the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
- Five Armor Sets
- Imperial Armor, Scavenger Armor, Android Armor, Rebel Armor, Hacker Armor
- Photo Mode Sticker Pack
- Digital Soundtrack
- Digital Art Book
- 20 Raritanium
- Base Game
- in-game upgrade materials
For $69.99, the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Standard Edition includes:
- Base Game
Is the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Digital Edition Worth It?
Of course, the choice to purchase the Digital Edition as opposed to the Standard Edition falls down to each individual player. There is no right or wrong answer here, and it depends on whether or not the player finds the extra bonuses valuable. Some questions to consider:
- Do you enjoy playing with different costumes and cosmetics?
- Do you frequently use Photo Mode when playing video games?
- How often do you view/listen to PlayStation Digital Art Books and Soundtracks?
If you've answered positively to these questions, then the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Digital Deluxe Edition is most likely worth it for you. If not, then you might consider saving the $10 and going with the Standard Edition.
Either way, the game allows you to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition as an add-on if you change your mind while playing the game. It's great to have these choices after the fact!
For more Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart guides, be sure to check back with Pro Game Guides.