Sea Serpents are large monsters that roam the ocean biomes in Valheim; Here, you will find everything you need to know on how to find and kill them, along with their weaknesses.
How to find a Sea Serpent in Valheim
To find Sea Serpents in Valheim, you will need a boat, and you will need to search the deep in the ocean biomes in the game; however, before embarking on such a journey, you will need to prepare as sea monsters are no joke.
That said, we recommend making the following preparations to make dealing with sea serpents a bit easier.
Tips for finding and dealing with Sea Serpent | Sea Serpent Weakness
- Make a full set of Iron armor; Sea serpents hit hard, so it's recommended to bring your most robust armor to withstand their onslaught.
- Build a longship; Sea Serpents will target your ship when they attack, so because of that, we recommend making the strongest ship so you can last long enough to kill it.
- Make an Abyssal Harpoon; Making and using a Harpoon in Valheim can stop a Sea Serpent from moving, so you can get a few shots into it.
- Craft at least a Huntsmen or Dragur fang bow; Sea serpents are weak to range attacks, and if you make the strongest bow possible combined with decent arrows, you will kill the beast in no time.
- Use Frost Arrow or Needle Arrows; Overall, we have the best luck killing sea serpents with either needle or frost arrows. Frost arrows are useful to freeze the sea serpent in place, allowing you to widdle their health down. On the other than, needle arrows, when combined with a Dragur bow, can wipe half of their health.
- Search ocean biomes when it is storming; You can sometimes find Sea serpents more often when it is storming in the game.
Related: How to build a ship in Valheim
How to kill a Sea Serpent in Valheim
To kill a sea serpent in Valheim, we recommend sailing and locating a sea serpent when the weather is storming out; once you find the sea serpent lure closer to land. When you are near land, unleash volleys of frost or needle arrows with dragur bows; if you do this, you will have no problem killing the sea serpent.
Once you have killed a sea serpent, you will be able to make both sea serpent stew and a serpent scale shield with the following items.
How to make Sea Serpent Stew in Valheim
- One Mushroom
- One Cooked Serpent Meat
- Two Honey