In Darktide, there are a variety of missions that players can accept and carry out in the name of the God-Emperor. These missions comprise the bulk of the Darktide experience and feature varied objectives. Our guide explains all of these mission types and their objectives below.
Warhammer 40k Darktide Mission types list
Seven missions are featured in Darktide, but if you are playing during the Pre-Order Beta, some might not be available. Regardless, these missions come in various types and feature unique objectives. Some mission types can also have side objectives, such as finding Grimoires or Scriptures, while others only appear on certain maps. Check the list below for the full breakdown of all mission types in Darktide:
- Objective: Strike missions usually require players to disrupt enemy attacks. This translates to clearing demonic growths or stopping other themed attacks.
- Objective: The Disruption mission tasks players with stopping various Chaos plots.
- Objective: Investigation missions task players with scanning various objects using a servo-skull. You can also complete an achievement by achieving a Data Interrogation without an incorrect Auspex entry.
- Objective: This mission is a Work In Progress as we haven't encountered this mission yet in the Beta. We imagine the objective based on the name will include feeding false information to Chaos forces.
- Objective: The Assassination missions revolve around killing a notable Chaos leader or target. Usually, this means there is a boss battle at the end of the mission, like Captain Henrik Turnat.
- Objective: The Repair mission tasks players with repairing a key piece of equipment or power systems.
- Objective: Raid missions usually have players collecting various resources from supply depots.
Overall there are a wide variety of missions to choose from in Darktide. You may not encounter some missions in either the Beta or full release, as missions are on a rotation cycle. Every hour or so, new missions with side objectives and special events will appear on the map, so check back later if there is a particular mission you want to complete. You can also complete a Penance called the Vantage point for the Sharpshooter class by playing one of each mission in the game.
How to select a mission in Warhammer 40k Darktide
If you just completed the prologue and want to start a mission, you can visit the Mission Terminal. You can find the Mission Terminal in the center of the Mourningstar, and accessing the Terminal shown below will allow you to accept new missions in Darktide. You can find this Terminal by running straight from the initial spawn location on the Mourningstar
For more on Darktide, we at Pro Game Guides have you covered with guides like How to fix Darktide cursor stuck on screen bug – Warhammer 40k and Darktide Something in Your Eye Penance Guide – Warhammer 40k.