Discord is a great way to connect with your friends. Whether you just want to type in chat or use it for voice chat within games that don't have in-house options, it's a great app that most gamers use, and now it has come to PSN. So, here is how to connect Discord to your PlayStation Network account.
The good news is that it is fairly simple to connect the two services. To associate them, simply:
- Open up your Discord app in either Windows, Linux (any distro), macOS, Android, iOS, or a web browser
- Go down to the User Settings cog
- Click Connections
- Then click on the PlayStation logo from the connect section to add your account
- Once a new window has opened up, sign into PSN with your ID and password
- Click confirm to allow Discord to have access
Once you have done this, you should show everyone what you're playing whilst on Discord.
Related: How to stream VR games on Twitch
Please note: as of this article's publishing date, not all corners of the world have received the update just yet.
The PSN x Discord crossover has started by being rolled out in the US first and will gradually be coming to other Discord accounts the world over soon.
This feature is not accessible if you are using a child's PSN account. You will need to set your Online Status and Now Playing privacy setting to Anyone for your PSN availability to be shown within Discord.
Looking for more content? Why not check out how to turn off HDCP on your PlayStation 4/5?