In the last patch of the 6.1x patch series, Final Fantasy received a number of changes to conclude this cycle. The 6.18 is an adjustment, bug fix, and new feature patch, with the biggest changes coming in the form of the long-awaited Data Center travel options. So while this patch adds no new quests, it's still worth reading up on all the class balance changes and additional features. Read on to discover the full FFXIV 6.18 patch notes.
Raid Quest Rewards in FFXIV Patch 6.14
The first Pandaemonium raids are now unrestricted in terms of loot.
- The weekly restriction on receiving Unsung Blades of Asphodelos from Asphodelos: The Fourth Circle has been removed.
- In savage raids, two treasure coffers will now always appear. Furthermore, the weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
- The weekly entrance restriction on all areas of Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage) has been removed.
- Players may now proceed directly to any circle of Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage).
Weapon enhancement items can now be purchased by using Aglaia coins from Nesvaaz, Radz-at-Han (X: 10.6, Y: 10.0). After you have the item, speak to Khaldeen in Radz-at-Han (X:10.9 Y:10.4) and exchange them for augmented gear of your choice.
PvP Changes in FFXIV Patch 6.18
Paladin has had its damage reduction reduced.
- Holy Sheltron - Damage reduction of the Knight's Resolve effect has been reduced from 20% to 15%.
Increases to damage for the Warrior.
- Onslaught - Base potency has been increased from 400 to 500. Maximum potency has been increased from 4,000 to 5,000.
- Orogeny - Base potency has been increased from 800 to 1,000. Maximum potency has been increased from 8,000 to 10,000.
More damage for the Dark Knight as well.
- Bloodspiller - Base potency has been increased from 4,000 to 6,000. The threshold for reaching maximum potency has been changed from HP below 20% to HP below 25%.
- Eventide - Base potency has been increased from 1 to 10,000.
And yet more damage for the Gun Breaker.
- Burst Strike - Potency has been increased from 6,000 to 7,000.
- Hypervelocity - Potency has been increased from 2,000 to 3,000.
Ninja’s uptime for Seiton has been reduced.
- Seiton Tenchu - Duration of the Unsealed Seiton Tenchu effect has been reduced from 10 to 8 seconds.
Changes make the Machinist slightly more mobile and more potent.
- Blast Charge - Now grants a movement speed increase when Overheated.
- Aether Mortar - Potency has been increased from 4,000 to 6,000. Barrier potency has been increased from 4,000 to 6,000.
Changes to many of the Dancer’s abilities make them more damaging in PvP.
- Honing Dance - Potency has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000.
- Reverse Cascade - Potency has been increased from 5,000 to 6,000.
- Fountainfall - Potency has been increased from 7,000 to 8,000.
- Saber Dance - Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
Black Mage, perhaps the most tweaked class in PvP (Thanks Yoshi.P), gets nerfed again and a big change to Umbral Freeze.
- Burst - Barrier potency has been reduced from 16,000 to 12,000.
- Superflare - Enemies under the effect of Umbral Freeze will now be afflicted with a status ailment depending one the number of stacks accumulated (Duration: 2s):
- 1 stack: Heavy
- 2 stacks: Bind
- 3 stacks: Deep Freeze
Summoners are receiving some love in the form of improved damage numbers.
- Fester - Base potency has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000. Maximum potency has been increased from 6,000 to 8,000.
Astrologian’s potent crowd control has been nerfed slightly to stop them affecting multiple targets.
- Gravity II - Heavy effect is now only applied to the first target.
- Gravity II (When executed after Double Cast) - Bind effect is now only applied to the first target.
Season One of Crystalline Conflict is now over, with Season Two begining as of the release of patch 6.18
- When the season ends, the top 100 ranking players from each data center will receive vouchers via the moogle delivery service.
- Players finishing in bronze tier or higher can claim rewards by speaking with the Seasonal Quartermaster at the Wolves' Den Pier (X:4.9 Y:5.7).
Some changes have been made to Frontline ahead of larger changes to the game mode in patch 6.2.
- An issue when participating in Frontline campaigns where players under the effect of the White Mage action Miracle of Nature were no longer affected by PvP damage modifiers.
- Limit Break Gauges will now fill slower based on Combat Rank
- Damage taken for tank and melee DPS have been changed from -40% to -60%.
- Damage taken for physical ranged DPS, magical ranged DPS, and healer have been changed from -20% to -30%.
- Damage dealt for summoner, scholar, and white mage, have been changed from 0% to -10%.
Data Center changes and travel
The Data Center Travel System has been added! People can now visit Data Centers within their same region. This is done via the character selection screen rather than Aetherytes as with Cross-World travel. When traveling, you’ll receive a new title <Traveller>. When traveling to other Data Centers certain actions will be unavailable:
- No gathering from Legendary and Unspoiled Gathering Nodes
- Retainers can’t be used, and you can sell on Market Boards (you can still buy items though)
- Free Companies can’t be formed or joined, and you won’t earn Company Credits for completing actions
- Linkshells can’t be used
- Cross-World Linkshells in different data centers won’t be usable
- Fellowships can’t be viewed
- Deep Dungeon results won’t be saved to leaderboards
- Houses can’t be purchased, and Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding are unavailable.
- Ranked PvP is unavailable and teams can’t be joined
- The Moogle Delivery Service is unavailable
- Teleporting using Eternity Rings may only be used when both players are on the same World.
- You can only use an Aetheryte Pendulum to teleport to the nearest aetheryte if both players are on the same World.
- You can only teleport to a friend's estate when you are on their Home World.
- Removed contradictory dialogue appeared when speaking with F'lhaminn in Mor Dhona
- Removed contradictory dialogue appeared when speaking with Jesse in Rhalgr's Reach after completing the quest "Goodbye, ε̆│\̆│Δ."
- Other minor text and dialog issues have also been changed.
For more Final Fantasy XIV news and info check out What are Variant Dungeons in Final Fantasy XIV? on Pro Game Guides.