Genshin Impact is a massive game with frequent updates and millions of players, so it's no surprise that error codes may crop up from time to time. We've provided a list of the most common error codes and ways you can easily fix them.
Genshin Impact Error Codes List
Error Codes 4201 and 4206 ("Failed to connect to the server")
Codes 4201 and 4206 are probably the most commonly encountered error codes within Genshin Impact. When you see either of these numbers, it's safe to assume that your Internet connection is the issue. Connectivity issues may resolve themselves if your network is undergoing maintenance, but you can also try these suggestions:
- Restart your WiFi router and device
- Try switching to a different network or use a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Change your server location (unavailable to PS4 players), then return to your original server and try logging in again
Error Code 9203 ("Failed to download resource files or network error")
The 9203 code may pop up when trying to launch Genshin Impact and prevents users from being able to log in. This error, too, is likely caused by a connection error from the user's own network.
- Restart your PC (most users report that this method fixed the issue)
- Consider disabling your antivirus program for the duration of your gameplay
If the error code persists, here is an alternate option for PC players:
- Press Win + R, type in %TEMP% and then press Enter
- Delete mhyprot2.Sys from your folder
- Relaunch the game
For PS4 players, try this if you're still seeing this error code:
- Press and hold the [PS] button on your controller
- Turn off PS4
- Make sure the lights go off, then wait for about 10 seconds
- Turn on PS4 and relaunch the game
Error Codes 9107, 9906, 9908, and 9910 ("Failed to download resource files or network error)
It is unclear whether or not these error codes are caused by the user's connection or by a server issue, but the Genshin Impact developers have told players to "Please try re-launching the game. If this does not work, please uninstall the launcher, delete the game installation package, and reinstall Genshin Impact."
Still Running Into Error Codes?
If you've tried the methods listed above and are still experiencing issues with the game, you may want to try deleting and reinstalling Genshin Impact. Don't worry: all game data is backed up to your miHoYo account, so you won't lose any progress by deleting and reinstalling the game. Phew!
Another option is to spam the Confirm button on error messages. Many players have reported having success simply by hitting this button several times in succession, or waiting for a long enough time in the loading screen before attempting again to log in.
Stay up to date with the upcoming banners, and keep an eye on our Genshin Impact codes to get some free goodies! Don't forget to check out Genshin Impact 1.6 Leaks, News, and Release Date for info on all upcoming content.