Gungrave GORE features heavily varied boss fights, both in difficulty and strategy. For example, Gungrave GORE's Brhatu boss fight is all about staying far away from him. In contrast, fighting Zell Condorbrave is all about dodging at the right time and getting in as much damage as possible as quickly as possible. Below you'll find a guide on how to beat Zell's boss fight, including his attacks and how to best defeat him.
How to beat Zell Condorbrave in Gungrave GORE
In Phase One, Zell will loop between three attacks that each discourage you from using one strategy to beat him.
- Triple Shot: Zell will crouch and aim his sniper rifle at you while a laser appears between you and him. Then, he will fire off three consecutive shots that each deal enormous damage. You need to dodge these shots because two hits can potentially destroy your shields.
- Mine Throw: Zell will quickly reach into his coat before throwing mines at you that impede dodging left or right. A single mine won't deal serious damage but running into multiple mines will begin to take its toll. The mines will persist until he throws out more.
- Rain of Fire: Zell will quickly point at you before artillery fire rains down on the position he pointed at. You should already be pressured to move around the arena due to Triple Shot, but you should still be mindful to quickly roll out of this attack.
Related: What is Gungrave GORE’s game length?
At a little over half health, Zell will enter his second phase. You'll know this phase has begun when Zell performs his first new ability:
- Call For Backup: Zell will quickly crouch and loudly whistle, summoning five mercenaries that will begin to pelt you with bullets.
- Aimed Shot: Zell will disappear from the arena before reappearing at the top of a random nearby structure. He will then aim at you, displaying a blue laser pointed at your body. Finally, he will fire a powerful sniper round at you that will one-shot full shields, so be sure to dodge it.
Depending on the game's difficulty setting, you can activate Fury Mode and quickly take down Zell even with the mercenaries attacking you. The mercenaries don't deal very much damage, and Zell's health pool is small, so if you can, your best option will most likely be to focus down Zell before he can get any abilities off.
Want more information on Gungrave GORE? Check out How many stages are there in Gungrave GORE? and How to survive on the top of the train in Gungrave GORE from Pro Game Guides!