In Horizon Forbidden West, the Behemoth machine has an equally unique and devastating attack that allows it to use anti-gravity to launch projectiles at Aloy. Taking out the Force Loader on the Behemoth will disable its anti-gravity attacks, saving players a lot of HP in battle.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Players can attack machines with different kinds of elemental attacks. Elemental attacks in the game include Fire, Shock, Frost, Plasma, Purgewater, and Acid. The Behemoth will be weak to damage from Acid and Fire attacks. They are strong against damage from Frost and Shock attacks.
There are a few different body parts on a Behemoth but each one will drop different loot and deal different amounts of damage to the machine when attacked by players. The body parts on a Behemoth are:
- Force Loader
- Acid Canister
- Cargo Holders
- Chillwater Canister
Machines in Horizon Forbidden West will drop different loot items, with many being specific to each kind of machine. Some can be looted from a fallen machine, while others will need to be removed (shot off with an arrow or removes with a hit from the spear) while the machine is still alive. The Behemoth will drop a long list of loot items:
- Crystal Braiding (Very Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Metal Shards (Common) - Dropped from Body
- Large Machine Core (Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Behemoth Circulator* (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Behemoth Primary Nerve* (Rare) - Dropped from Body and Antenna
- Machine Muscle (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Metal Bone (Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Luminous Brainstem (Very Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Braided Wire (Common) - Dropped from Body and Antenna
- Sturdy Hardplate (Common) - Dropped from Body and Antenna
- Behemoth Force Loader* (Very Rare) - Dropped from Force Loader
- Metalbite (Common) - Dropped from Acid Canister
- Chillwater (Uncommon) - Dropped from Chillwater Canister
*Loot items marked with an asterisk are exclusively dropped from the Behemoth machine.
In Horizon Forbidden West, Cauldrons allow players to override the machines within that Cauldron once they have completed it. Completing a Cauldron usually means traversing through its dungeon-like corridors and facing off against a boss at the end. The Behemoth is a part of the CHI Overrides Cauldron.
Interested in other machine guides in Horizon Forbidden West? Check out How to defeat the Slitherfang in Horizon Forbidden West on Pro Game Guides!