To fix crashes in Mass Effect Legendary Edition, you will need to try the following.
- Unplug any Xbox accessories.
- Turn off wireless headset or use a wired headset
- Launch Mass Effect from the dashboard.
- Choose which version of the game you want to play.
- When you are at the title screen, plug back any accessories and turn your headset back on.
Doing the steps above is not a perfect fix but is an easy workaround that will allow you to launch the game without it crashing.
But don't worry, you won't need to do this forever as the developers are currently aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. Apparently, the problem stems from a bug with Xbox consoles and extra peripherals, whereas when plugged in, it will prevent the game from launching.
Luckily the developers are on it and are working closely with Mircosoft, so you won't have to wait long for the problem to be fixed.
For more on Mass Effect, we at PGG recommend checking out How to preload Mass Effect Legendary Edition