To make orange dye in Minecraft, players will need to gather and make red and yellow dye.
Another option to make orange dye in Minecraft is to use orange Tulips. Using tulips is probably the easier route among the two as you require fewer materials but get less dye in the end.
That said, to get orange tulips to make orange dye, you will need to search for the flowers inside both flower forests and plains biomes.
Related: How to make Cyan Dye in Minecraft
When you find the flowers, simply right-click to make them and bring them back to a crafting table. Place the tulip inside a crafting table, and you will be able to make orange dye that way.
However, if you want more dye and have a ton of red and yellow dye laying around, you can always combine the two via a crafting table to get a little extra orange dye.
If you don't have red or yellow dye, you can make both with the following materials listed below.
How to make Red Dye:
- Beetroot: You can find beetroots in both desert and forest village farms.
- Rose Bush: Roses can be found growing in the forest biome.
- Red Tulip: All tulips can be harvested from flower forest and plains biomes
- Poppy: To get poppies, you can either kill golems or find them growing in most bio
How to make Yellow Dye:
- Sunflower: You will need to search the sunflower plains biome.
- Dandelion: This flower is ubiquitous, so if you want one, explore any grassy biome.
Once you have both red and yellow dye, place them inside a crafting table, and you will be able to craft orange dye.