Our Minecraft Best Seeds List features a bunch of newly found seeds to some good areas to start your next Minecraft world. We have cool seeds for every version of the game, including PE (Pocket Edition), PC, Java, Bedrock, and Xbox One editions! Seeds are a great way to get your adventure started in an exciting area. With the random nature of landscape creation in the game, it's nice to at least have some guarantee of what you are getting yourself into.
What is a Minecraft Seed?
A seed is a randomly generated number that represents a specific world that has been created when you start a new game of Minecraft. This seed can be used by other players to play in the exact world you are playing in!
How-to Use Minecraft Seeds
Using Seeds in Minecraft is relatively simple, and the process is largely the same across all versions of the game. When you are creating a new world, look for the "More World Options..." area, or in some cases you'll just find a blank text box that you can paste your seed code into.
Once you find this box, paste the particular seed you want to load into it and you're done! The more complicated part, is that some seeds don't work for some versions of the game. For example, all positive seeds (numbers without a - at the beginning of them) are usable from Bedrock to Java. Furthermore, if you have a negative seed from Bedrock, you have to add 4294967296 to it for it to work in the Java version (Learn more here). Finally, negative Java seeds will NOT work in Bedrock at all. There will be irregularities between Bedrock and Java seeds, which can include differences in neutral temperature and ocean biomes.
If you've got an updated version of Minecraft on your mobile device or console (Nintendo Switch & Xbox One), then all Bedrock codes should work! PlayStation 4 is currently the main outlier (other than Java), so you will need codes that are specifically for the PlayStation.
What's the Best Seed in Minecraft?
There is no best seed for Minecraft! It's very subjective and based on how you want to play. If you want to play on a seed surrounded by water, then make sure to pick an Island Seed. If you want more variety, then make sure to select a seed that has a lot of biomes in a small area.
You will now see version numbers listed on each of the below seeds. If you are using a previous or more updated version of the game, it might sometimes appear differently in your world! This does not mean you shouldn't try them or give one a shot, because a lot of the time they will be largely the same.
Minecraft Seeds List
Here's a list of some great seeds that should give you a fun starting point for your next world! I've listed what version of Minecraft they will work with. Bedrock works with the Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and mobile versions! We'll be listing some coordinates for you to check out some key areas in some of the biomes. You can enable coordinates when you create a world (Bedrock), and either make your way over to the spot or use the /teleport command!
Here's a list of the Best Minecraft Seeds:
- Acacia Waterfall Village
- Five Diamonds at Spawn
- Jungle Island
- Big Hole
- Huge Mansion
- Awesome Valley
- Triple Biome
- Mountain Village w/Spawner
- Village Island
- Amazing Mountain Village
- Tons of Stuff Near Spawn
- Diamonds at Spawn + Huge Ravine
- Fire & Ice
- Icebergs & Frozen Islands
- Varied Biomes
- All Biomes Nearby
- Bamboo Forest & Pillager Outpost Near Spawn
- Large Reef & Mesa Location
- Tons of Biomes Close Together
- Many Biomes: Surface Shipwreck
Acacia Waterfall Village (Bedrock - 1.14)
Credit: Jfonzy - Seed: 33480944
While I initially liked this seed for awesome looking Acacia Village with the house surrounded by the waterfall, I found a lot more to love about it. There's a nearby Haunted Village you can head over to, and there's a Desert Village you can find as well. Near that Desert Village is a cave, if you head down into it and get to the bottom, you'll find a Diamond spawn with eight Diamond in it! That's a pretty huge bounty and can really get you started on your way to a new build.
- Acacia Village: 518 69 134
- Haunted Village: 136 65 531
- Desert Village: 79 63 87
- Diamonds in Deep Cave (Near Desert Village): 51 11 98
- Cave Entrance: 41 64 128
- If you teleport here you will be in front of lava where the Diamonds can be found. There's EIGHT Diamond here to find, so it's worth exploring. It is kind of hard to find if you go through the cave, try to use the coordinates to guide you.
- Desert Temple: -195 72 43
Five Diamonds at Spawn (Java - 1.15.2)
Credit: SpaceBoiArt - Seed: -6959476951899901279
If you're looking to get started with some diamond tools right off the bat, then you might want to try out this seed. Literally, right next to the spawn is a humongous sinkhole that you can go down into and find five diamonds spawned right at the bottom of it. This hole goes ALL the way to the level of where the diamond is and you will find them not too far if you go straight down. This spawn is right at a pretty large village the encompasses the majority of this Giant Tree Taiga biome. If that's not enough for you, there's a monster spawner very close to where you spawn as well. It's not too far down in a nearby hole.
- Diamonds in Cave: -155 11 45
- Spawner Cave Entrance: -220 70 95
- Spawner Location: -219 65 93
- Ship Wreck: -157 64 351
Jungle Island (Java - 1.15)
Credit: SpaceBoiArt- Seed: 6989950847981476017
Trying to find a great island based seed? Well, this one is pretty great because it features jungle biome on the island and it is surrounded by a coral reef! This one will be great for a play through if you're looking to see how island living might be. Enjoy the tropical weather and the access to an abundant reef. There's plenty of ship wrecks to find, and a village not too far away if you want to get back to civilization.
- Ship Wreck Near Spawn: X: -152, Y: 51, Z: 24
- Jungle Temple: X: -1016, Y: 69, Z: 8
- Village: X: -508, Y: 62, Z: 244
- Buried Treasure: X: 169, Y: 63, Z: -359
Big Hole (Java - 1.15)
Credit: TheScyphozoa- Seed: 8879956355735410260
This is a pretty unique seed because there's a HUGE hole located on the map that you could make a focal point for your next build. The screenshot shown does not do it justice, it's pretty huge and with the right Minecraft Shaders, it would look pretty amazing with the increased shadows and lighting. This might be part of a new evil lair you can put together! There's also some other good finds across the map, like the ship wreck that is right next to a pretty awesome icy island that is in a circular bay and surrounded by other small land based islands!
- Spawn w/Village: X: -219, Y: 73, Z: 61
- The Big Hole: X: 277, Y: 71, Z: -254
- Taiga Village: X: 37, Y: 79, Z: -756
- Ship Wreck Next to Ice Island: X: -180, 55, -896
- Flower Forest Biome: X: -1020, Y: 82, -681
Huge Mansion (Bedrock - 1.14+)
Credit: MinecraftChill - Seed: 2033394339
If you want to start out a game in luxury then check out this bedrock seed that features one of the largest mansions I've ever seen! It has multiple floors for you to explore and it's actually a bit spooky to make your way around this mansion. You'll find some items in chests and various other things of interest. This is a fun one to give a shot if you've never played on a seed like this before.
- Mansion: X: 526, Y: 91, Z: 81
- Ravine: X: 346, Y: 31, Z: -186
- Monster Spawner: X: 819, Y: 55, Z: -365
Awesome Valley (Java - 1.14+)
Credit: LightningDashr - Seed: 1861004534102875792
If you're looking for a large picturesque area to layout your home and potential village or whatever then this seed is a great place for it. You are flanked by two mountains and have a river running through the center of it. You'll have great views on a day to day basis, and have incentive to climb the nearby mountains to explore.
- Desert Village: X: 230, Y:65, Z: 34
- Large Village: X: 295, Y: 65, Z: 724
- Witch Hut: X: 145, Y:65, Z: -843
- Badlands Biome: X: 190, Y: 88, Z: 499
Triple Biome: Badlands, Dark Forest, & Mushroom (Java - 1.14+)
Credit: MaidenChinah - Seed: -1909600681984991067
This is a great seed if you want some specific diversity really close by. You've got the beautiful Badlands on one side, a dark forest with dark oak forest, and then the Mushroom biome to the south. Mushroom biomes are highly sought after because hostile monsters will not spawn there. There's a pretty interesting Mineshaft broken up between the Badlands and forest biomes that you can explore. If you're looking for generated structures, there's ship wrecks to be found in the sea and an Ocean Monument. There's also three pretty large villages scattered around in different biomes!
- Underwater Ship Wreck: X: 105, Y: 51, Z: 96
- Witch Hut: X: -443, Y: 68, Z: -396
- Village w/Cave & Ravine: X: -482, Y: 72, Z: 231
- Large Savannah Village w/Small Ravine: X: -874, Y: 70, Z: 230
- Ocean Monument: X: 319, Y: 61, Z: 558
- Swamp Village: X: 514, Y: 64, Z: 746
Mountain Village w/Monster Spawner (Bedrock - 1.14+)
Credit: DarkAgeOutlaw - Seed: -1231267014
This is a pretty cool mountain village with a farm inside of a cave and a monster spawner right next to it! In the mobile version of the game, you'll find a waterfall pouring onto some unfortunate villager's house! There's also a Zombie Village not too far away from this one, so that is a fun thing to check out.
- Mountain Village: X: -250, Y: 72, Z: -209
- Monster Spawner: X: -266, Y: 71, Z: -242
- Zombie Village: X: 180, Y: 83, Z: -310
- Large Village: X: -310, Y: 67, Z: -1136
- Another Large Village: X: -295, Y: 64, Z: 644
Village Island (Java -1.14+)
Credit: Ph3nomen0N - Seed: -772124751310384583
This is a really awesome seed because you literally spawn on a big island with a huge village attached to it! You can build yourself a couple of new Minecraft Houses that match up with the neighborhood! If you aren't enjoying the island life, you can go towards the desert that isn't too far away and find a desert temple and village! This isn't an ordinary village either, there's a cave right in the middle of it that you can explore and find a dungeon spawner. Not too far from here, you'll also find a forest with another very large village.
Here's a large map showing off some of the nearby locations you can check out (click to enlarge)! Do you find this useful? Let me know in the comments and I will make more for the other seeds!
- Desert Temple: X: -307, Y: 783, Z: 554
- Desert Village w/Dungeon Spawner: X -650, Y: 64, Z: 570
- Forest Village: X: -740, Y: 70, Z: 212
Amazing Mountain Village (Bedrock - 1.14+)
Credit: Fredrick_Zelder - Seed: -1400738501
If you're looking for an amazing mountain village to start your next Minecraft world then this is a great one to try! It is one of the more unique village arrangements I've ever seen, with many buildings being high up on a mountain. Not only that, there's an additional nearby village that has a Stronghold buried deeply beneath it! If you like diversity in your biomes, you start out near a pretty big swamp and if you explore around near the the Stronghold village you will find an Ice Spikes biome!
- Mountain Village: X: 943, Y: 78, Z: -1104
- Taiga Village: X: 165, Y: 66, Z: 585
- Village w/Stronghold Underneath: X: 990, Y: 68, Z: -825
- Stronghold: X: 948, Y: 24, Z: -825
- Ice Spikes Biome: X: 1448, Y: 92, Z: -908
Tons of Stuff Near Spawn (Bedrock - 1.14+)
Credit: Dodriofan480 - Seed: 1961838222
This seed features a lot of different things surrounding the spawn area that you'll be able to investigate. If you want to start a monster xp grinder, there's a spawner right next to spawn! Just head over to the forest area and you'll see some open area that heads down into a cave. Make your way down the natural path of the cave and you should run right into it. There's an additional spawner nearby this one, so you aren't going to be hurting for finding spots to farm monsters.
There's also multiple nearby ravines which nearly all have exposed diamond! These should be a lot of fun to explore and will get you started off on the right foot. There's a Desert Pyramid near a couple of these ravines, and further away is a good sized Desert Village. You'll even find a large Savannah Village, if that's more of what you are looking to utilize!
- Monster Spawner Cave Entrance: X: 414, Y: 60, Z: -25
- Monster Spawner: X: 390, Y: 44, Z: -16
- Second Monster Spawner Cave Entrance: X: 615, Y: 64, Z: 25
- Second Monster Spawner: X: 615, Y: 39, Z: 14
- Desert Village: X: 535, Y: 66, Z: 522
- Desert Pyramid: X: 251, Y: 67, Z: 878
- Ravine w/Exposed Diamond: X: 690, Y: 14, Z: -87
- Pillager Outpost: X: 668, Y: 68, Z: 205
- Desert Pyramid: X: 379, Y: 71, Z: -354
- Small Ravine w/Diamond Nearby: X: 297, Y: 11, Z: -441
- Larger Ravine w/Exposed Diamond (Multiple Spots): X: 426, Y: 12, Z: -371
- Savannah Village: X: 185, Y: 69, Z: 962
Diamonds at Spawn + Huge Ravine (Bedrock - 1.14+)
Credit: TheBigButtlol - Seed: -974562123
If you want to start off with enough diamond to craft a few important items, then this is a great one. There's a huge ravine right near spawn that has two diamond spawn locations that will set you up nicely for the rest of the game! Be careful though, these spots are at the bottom of the ravine, and you don't want to go falling off the edge. You've also got a village nearby, so there's a lot of great features in this seed.
- Diamonds at Bottom of Ravine #1: X: 271, Y: 13, Z: 12
- Diamonds at Bottom of Ravine #2: X: 308, Y: 13, Z: -16
- Village: X: 36, Z: -265
- Big Desert Village: X: 973, Y: -657
Fire & Ice (Java - 1.14+)
Credit: SlateBrick - Seed: -6183068961479409378
This is a really interesting seed because you start off in the middle of two very distinct biomes. You've got the cold ocean biome which features a lot of frozen areas to explore, and on the other side is the badlands biome that is super pretty and interesting. Combine these two together and you've got the fire and ice seed! If you're looking to increase how awesome this seed looks, maybe check out some Minecraft Shaders?
- Underwater Ruins w/Drowned: X: -443, Z: -197
Icebergs & Frozen Islands (Java - 1.14+)
This is a great seed if you want some beautiful landscapes that are surrounded by icebergs. This will be a bit of a tough one to start out on, so if you're looking for a challenge then you'll love this frozen area with a lot to explore!
Varied Biomes (Bedrock & Java - 1.14+)
Image Credit: TelepathicGrunt - Seed: 577830886
This is a wonderfully diverse seed that has a ton of varied biomes all around you! There's multiple villages, some badlands, mushroom forest, deserts, and a frozen area to explore. You can also find an area where Diamonds spawn not too far from where you start.
For further details, check out TelepathicGrunt's guide on where a bunch of great locations are around the map with coordinates!
All Biomes Nearby (All Platforms - 1.14+)
Image Credit: SnoverMC - Seed: 306959825
This is an awesome one to use because there's a huge variety of biomes all around you! This makes for an extremely diverse play through, and you can find all of the stuff you could ever want just by traveling around the map. There's even a large mineshaft straight down below where you spawn.
Here's a look at the large boat, village, and ruins area you can find!
Key Locations (Java Coordinates)
- Village, Well, Desert Pyramid, Boat, Underwater Ruins: X:-2746, Z: 1393
- Large Reef: X:-1924, Z:1493
- Mesa/Swamp Mineshaft: X: 1555, Z: -355
Bamboo Forest & Pillager Outpost Near Spawn (Java - 1.14+)
If you're looking for a huge Bamboo Forest with some beautiful large trees then this is the seed for you. To make things even more exciting, there is a Pillager Outpost right nearby, so be sure to start crafting immediately if you don't want to be quickly dispatched!
Large Reef & Mesa Location (Java - 1.14+)
If you're looking for a nice reef to explore then this seed will be great for you. There's a massive reef right next to your spawn, and you are also near a wonderful Mesa biome that has some beautiful islands layered in the signature earth tones.
- Sunken Ship Wreck: X: 279, Z: 96
- Village w/Blacksmith: X: 1076, Z: 504
Tons of Biomes Close Together (Bedrock - 1.14+)
If you want a bunch of different biomes close together then you might want to check this seed out. You've got icy islands, jungle, desert, and swamp all right next to each other. There's a desert village near the spawn, as well as a jungle temple to explore. You can also go deeper into the desert and find yourself an additional village that has a blacksmith!
- Desert Village: X: 31, Z: 84
- Second Village w/Blacksmith: X: -322, Z: -362
- Jungle Temple: X: 360, Z: -218
Many Biomes: Surface Shipwreck, Coral, Desert Village/Temple (Bedrock - 1.14+)
This seed has a lot to offer in terms of biomes, including coral, desert, ocean, and taiga. Also, it has some other great features like a large shipwreck that is on the surface that can be explored. It's also got a nearby desert village and temple, as well as a couple of different Pillager Outposts!
- Shipwreck: X: 2927, Z: 207
- Ocean Ruins: X: 3299, Z: -111
- Coral Biome: X: 3147, Z: 49
- Small Village: X: 4033, Z: 123
- Desert Pillager Outpost: X: 3129, Z: 376
- Snow Pillager Outpost: X: 4009, Z: 603
- Igloo Ice Village: X: 4159, Z: 900
- Desert Village w/Blacksmith: X: 3586, Z: -389
- Desert Temple: X: 3224, Z: -295
- Huge Lava Filled Ravine: X: 3570, Z: -445
That's it for now, let me know in the comments what more you'd like to see out of this post! More key locations & coordinates? More variations of seeds? What type of seeds?