2K Sports is adding new badges to NBA 2K22 on top of the ones already in last year's title. NBA 2K22 will feature 80 total badges, giving players new ways to build their MyPlayer and use new skills on the court. Here are the 17 new badges in NBA 2K22 and what they do.
- Fast Twitch — Ability to get off the floor quicker for standing layups and dunks.
- Grace Under Pressure — Ability to convert standing layups more effectively.
- Limitless Takeoff — Ability to soar from further away on driving dunk attempts.
- Mouse in the House — Ability for bigs to finish over shorter players more efficiently.
- Unstrippable — Ability to secure the ball better when gathering for a layup/dunk in traffic.
- Chef — Ability to knock down Steph-like off-dribble deep 3’s.
- Limitless Spot-up — Ability to hit logo-range 3’s off a catch and shoot.
- Lucky #7 — Boosts your ability to score when shooting early in the clock.
- Mismatch Expert — Ability to successfully shoot over taller defenders on a switch.
- Glue Hands — Ability to make difficult catches and quicker branch out to a shot or dribble.
- Hyperdrive — Boosts the speed and effectiveness of moving dribble moves.
- Quick Chain — Boosts the ability to quickly chain dribble moves together.
- Post Playmaker — Boosts the effectiveness of both shots and moves when playing in the post.
- Triple Threat Juke — Increases the effectiveness of triple threat fakes, jabs, and go moves.
- Ball Stripper — Ability to strip layup and dunk attempts more effectively.
- Hustler — Ability to get to those scrappy 50/50 balls quicker than opponents.
- Menace — Significantly drops the offensive ratings of opponents when you smother them.
The 80 total badges will be available for players on both current-gen and next-gen versions of the game. In addition to the new badges, existing badges are reportedly getting some nice upgrades according to the NBA 2K22 Courtside Report. The added badges seem to focus on very specific areas of gameplay like deep catch-and-shoot threes and quicker standing layups and dunks. The addition of these badges will give players more room to create specific builds and abilities for their players.
NBA 2K22 is also introducing loadouts for MyPlayers, so players can quickly choose a set of badges for different games. Players will be able to switch up badges and easily see how badges can be added. The ability to see what badge points are available based on attributes will also give players a better way to build their players from the start.
For more NBA 2K22 guides, check out New City and Neighborhood in NBA 2K22 on Pro Game Guides.