The Damage Class of Heroes in Overwatch 2 features several reworks for some characters and minor tweaks for others. Bastion and Sombra have the biggest number of changes and were the most requested characters to have adjustments. Players familiar with the first Overwatch should be able to jump onto their main DPS without much trouble. These are all the Damage Hero changes in Overwatch 2.
All Damage Hero Changes in Overwatch 2
Many damage Heroes have had changes to balance them out for the new gameplay changes of Overwatch 2. Some are minor tweaks, while others are entire reworks for the character. All Heroes in Overwatch 2 have had some adjustments, and Damage Heroes are no exception. These are all the changes made to the Damage Class characters.
- B.O.B. has had their health reduced from 1,200 to 1,000.
- Configuration: Sentry Ability and Ultimate Tank have been replaced by Configuration: Assault and the Artillery Ultimate. Self Repair has also been removed and replaced by A-36 Tactical Grenade.
- Ironclad is passive that has been reenabled for Bastion, giving them 20% damage resistance while in either Assault or Artillery configuration.
- Configuration: Recon's damage increased from 20 to 25 and has no weapon spread. The fire rate has been reduced from 8 to 5, with the clip size reduced from 35 to 25.
- Configuration: Assault allows Bastion to fire infinitely for 6 seconds with a 12-second cooldown. Movement speed is reduced by 35% when used in this transformed state.
- A-36 Tactical Grenade has an 8-second cooldown, deals 130 damage, and can stick to enemies or bounce off walls.
- Artillery transforms Bastion and has them fire three shells anywhere on the map to deal 200 damage for each shell.
- Flashbang has been removed and replaced by Magnetic Grenade. This ability can stick to enemies and deal 131 damage.
- Combat Roll now gives Cassidy a 50% damage reduction when used.
- Fan The Hammer's fire rate has increased by 7.5%.
- Deadeye grants Cassidy a 40% damage reduction and has an increased duration from 6 to 7 seconds. Damage from Deadeye builds from 130 damage per second for two seconds and then goes up to 260 damage per second. The Ultimate cost has also been increased by 10%.
- Focusing Beam's maximum damage has been decreased at full charge from 200 to 175.
- Duplicate's max health has been reduced to 300 regardless of copying a hero with more than 600 health.
- Storm Arrow damage has been reduced from 70 to 65 per shot.
- The Frag Launcher's projectile size has increased from 0.2 to 0.25.
- Steel Trap damage has been increased from 80 to 100, with its launch speed increased from 10 to 15.
- Endothermic Blaster no longer stuns and constantly slows down enemies by 50% with no build-up. The duration at which enemies are slowed has been decreased from 1 to 0.5 seconds. Damage from the primary fire has been increased from 55 to 100 damage per second, and has the clip size increased from 120 to 150.
- Cryo-Freeze will not stop Sigma's Gravitic Flux effect.
- Ice Wall health has been reduced from 400 to 250, reducing the range from 35 to 20 meters.
- Blizzard has had its cost increase by 15%.
- Rocket Launcher reload animation starts .25 seconds faster when out of ammo.
- Concussive Blast deals 30 damage and has more knockback on direct hits.
- Hellfire Shotguns damage has been reduced from 6 to 5.4 per pellet, and its gun spread increased from 6 to 7.
- Heavy Pulse Rifle damage has been decreased from 20 to 18.
- Tactical Visor will no longer remove the damage falloff from the primary fire but can now score headshots manually aiming at the enemy's head.
- Machine Pistol damage was reduced from 8 to 7, with the weapon spread reduced by 10%.
- Hack's cooldown has been reduced from 8 to 4 seconds and is the same regardless of hacking enemies or Health Packs. The cast time for hacking Health Packs has been increased from 0.65 to 0.85 seconds. Interrupts to hacking will cause the ability to go on cooldown for the full 4 seconds.
- Health Packs hack duration has been decreased from 60 to 30 seconds. Enemy ability hack duration has also been decreased from 5 seconds to 1.75 seconds.
- Enemies that are hacked are now revealed to allies for 8 seconds.
- Ashe's B.O.B. stun has been reduced from 5 seconds to 2 seconds, and Baptiste's Immortality Field can be destroyed by hacking.
- Stealth's fade-in time has been reduced by 50%, and the range at which Sombra can be detected has been increased from 2 to 4 meters. Hacking while in Stealth no longer removes Stealth, but Sombra is revealed to enemies during and after the hack for 0.75 seconds.
- Sombra now has the passive Opportunist, increasing damage to hacked targets by 40%.
- Photon Projector clip size increased from 70 to 100 and no longer builds damage when used against barriers.
- Photo Projector's secondary fire speed has been increased from 25 to 50 while its maximum damage reduced from 120 to 90. The maximum charged projectile's speed has been increased from 0.4 to 0.5, with the ammo cost increased from 7 to 10. The charge time of the secondary fire has also been reduced from 1.2 to 1 second.
- Teleporter can be deployed faster, increased from 2 to 1 second. The Teleporter can only stay active for up to 10 seconds, and the cooldown has been increased from 10 to 12 seconds. The health of the Teleport has been reduced from 300 to 200, and its range has been reduced from 30 to 22
- Sentry Turret travel speed has been increased from 15 to 20, and the movement speed debuff from each turret has been reduced from 20% to 15% per turret.
- Rivet Gun's primary fire recovery has been reduced from 0.6 to 0.55 seconds, with the secondary fire reduced from 0.8 to 0.7 seconds.
- Pulse Pistols have had their damage reduced from 6 to 5.
- Health has been increased from 175 to 200.
For more Overwatch 2 guides, check out All Tank Hero Changes in Overwatch 2 on Pro Game Guides.