Sojourn is a DPS character in Overwatch 2 who uses her Railgun and movement to control the high ground and lanes of the battlefield. Sojourn, Kiriko, and Junker Queen are the new heroes released with Overwatch 2. Sojourn may appear similar to Soldier: 76, but her unique weapon makes her stand out. Here's how to play Sojourn in Overwatch 2.
Sojourn Abilities Explained
Weapon and Ultimate
- Railgun - A projectile-based energy weapon. Primary Fire shoots rapid projectiles which charge the Railgun, and the Secondary Fire releases the stored energy in a hit scan shot that deals significant damage.
- Overclock - Railgun energy auto-charges for a short duration, and charged shots pierce enemies.
- Power Slide - A ground slide that players can cancel into a high jump.
- Disruptor Shot - Launch an energy burst that snares and deals damage to enemies within it.
Role: Damage (Passive)
- Eliminations grant a burst of increased movement and reload speed.
Sojourn General Tips
Sojourn is a DPS that can apply consistent pressure to battlefield areas with her Railgun and one shot potential of her charged shot. Players can use Power slide to reposition and as a super jump to take high ground advantage over choke points easily.
- Railgun is Sojourn's primary damage dealer and the deadliest part of her kit.
- Shoot tanks and shields to build Railgun charge.
- Use the charged shot on Supports and DPS.
- The Railgun has no recoil, and a short reload time. Always be firing.
- Combo primary fire with a charged shot is a great way to finish enemies quickly.
- Use Power Slide to reposition to high ground or avoid a diving tank.
- Overclock is best used when enemies have to attack a location you are defending. Line up your shots and take them down.
- Disruptor Shot can be hard to get value with. Fire it into a group of enemies as they begin a fight or pre-fire it to prevent an enemy from using the terrain.
If you have played Soldier: 76, the Sojourns playstyle will be familiar to you. Soldier: 76 damages enemies with his Heavy Pulse Rifle and finish them with Helix Rockets. With the Railgun, the same combat flow is used with Sojourn's Primary and Secondary fires. Sojourn has high vertical and horizontal mobility with the Power Slide, which players should use to maintain the high ground advantage and avoid getting too close to enemies.
For more Overwatch 2 hero guides, check out How to play Pharah in Overwatch 2 – Hero Guide here on Pro Game Guides.