How to evolve Salandit into Salazzle in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Girls rule, boys drool.

Salandit and Salazzle are a Poison and Fire-type Pokémon line introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon. They also appear in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet and can be found fairly early in the game. However, you can't just catch any Salandit and hope to get a Salazzle, as it has a unique evolution method. This may leave you wondering how to evolve Salandit into Salazzle.

Recommended Videos

How to get Salazzle in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

To evolve Salandit into Salazzle in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, you must make sure that you catch a female Salandit, as male Salandits cannot evolve. With a female Salandit, raise it to level 33, and it will evolve into Salazzle. If you have a male Salandit, you will need to box it and find a female one.

Related: How to evolve Steenee into Tsareena in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

The downside is that Salandit has an 87.5 percent chance of being male and only a 12.5 percent chance of being female, the same as the starter Pokémon odds. This likely means you will need to encounter several Salandits before you find a female one. When you encounter a female, use status conditions to increase your odds of catching it.

Salazzle has fantastic Speed and Special Attack, making it a good special sweeper. It also has a unique typing of Poison and Fire, as well as a special ability, Corrosion, that lets it poison Steel and Poison-type Pokémon. This makes it a great choice for a Poison-type Pokémon on your team.

For more information on Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, check out How to evolve Eevee into Jolteon in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and How to evolve Sunkern into Sunflora in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet on Pro Game Guides.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get updates on your favorite games!

About the Author

Justin has been diving into fantasy worlds since he can remember. He is a certified nerd who has a deep love of reading, writing, and hiking. He has been writing since his college days, but specifically in gaming for two years. His favorite games are The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Hollow Knight, Celeste, and Banjo Kazooie.
Find Justin Joy On: Twitter

Write A Comment

How to evolve Salandit into Salazzle in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Comments are on moderation and will be approved in a timely manner. Please read the following rules before commenting:

  • All comments must be on topic and add something of substance to the post
  • No swearing or inappropriate words
  • No asking or begging for anything free
  • Do not attempt to start a poll in the comments
  • Comments in all CAPS will be removed
  • We reserve the right to remove a comment for any reason
  • Do not impersonate a staff member or influencer

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.