This guide provides instructions and solutions for one of the four Vaults on the Shores of Gold Tall Tale in Sea of Thieves. If you haven't begun this Tall Tale or made it to the Shores of Gold, you can find that link to that guide section below. In the list below, you can also find the links to every other guide for this Tall Tale, including the other Vaults and the Hidden Journals.
- Sea of Thieves | Shores of Gold Tall Tale | How to Find the Shores of Gold
- Sea of Thieves | Shores of Gold Tall Tale | West Vault Guide and Solutions
- Sea of Thieves | Shores of Gold Tall Tale | South Vault Guide and Solutions
- Sea of Thieves | Shores of Gold Tall Tale | East Vault Guide and Solutions
- Sea of Thieves | Shores of Gold Tall Tale | How to Find and Defeat the Gold Hoarder
- Sea of Thieves | Shores of Gold Tall Tale | Hidden Journal Locations
We strongly recommend looking for the Hidden Journals on this adventure, as they provide much greater insight into Briggsy, who is what we believe to be the main character in this whole questline. Since you'll be exploring the island for this
Sea of Thieves | Shores of Gold Tall Tale | North Vault Guide & Solution
How to Solve
This Vault is lined with spike floor traps. Every couple of seconds, the spikes jut out of the ground in succession, then slowly descend back into the floor. It's when the spikes are in the floor that you need to turn the pillars.
Briggsy leaves a nice clue how to solve this Vault, but you need to watch your step and quickly turn the pillars. If you spend too much time in one spot turning a pillar, you'll die instantly when the spike trap springs up from the ground.
This Vault doesn't require a solution so much as it requires that you act quickly and time yourself properly. The trick to solving it is that each of the pillars must have the same symbol on them when you press the Altar's button. There is no way to know which one of the symbols is on all four pillars except through trial-and-error. Some of the symbols will be on three pillars, making you think the last one has it! Unfortunately, you will then find that you need to start over from pillar one and try to match four-of-a-kind with a different symbol
Since there is no set pattern, you, unfortunately, need to figure which ones are the correct symbols yourself. However, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- You only need to do this twice. Once you have matched four of the same symbol two times, the trap disengages, and you will have access to the Medallion.
- You can usually turn a pillar block three times between spike waves. This is if you're mashing the interact button on your keyboard/controller.
- Try to get a complete view of the pillars before you solve them. This makes it easy to recognize which symbol is on all four pillars and quickly solve it once you figure it out.
Return the Medallion
Take the Medallion to the Compass Room on the peninsula just south of the North Vault's peninsula. It will automatically fit in the slot on the left side.
There are other vaults to solve! The following links will provide you with the guides and solutions for the other three vaults: West, South, and East. Before you enter the Gold Hoarder's chamber, we recommend you start searching for the Hidden Journals! If you have found all four medallions, proceed to the guide on How to Find and Defeat the Gold Hoarder!
Don't know what to do with your Reaper's Chest? Use your guide to see where to sell it!