There are a total of six weapons in The Callisto Protocol, and three of them are given to the player by simply playing through the game. Every weapon has the potential to kill enemies, but each weapon can stagger stagger enemies, too. With limited resources, it can be difficult to figure out which weapon to upgrade, as upgrading everything won't be feasible. These are what weapons to focus on first in The Callisto Protocol.
Best early game weapons in The Callisto Protocol
Each weapon serves its purpose in The Callisto Protocol, but knowing how to use them is important when upgrading each one.
- Stun Baton - No ammo consumption, great damage upgrades, has a heavy attack upgrade that can be used against multiple enemies but still struggles with multiple enemies.
- Hand Cannon - Good fire rate for Strategic Target System or range and good Alt Fire, but heavy ammo consumption.
- Skunk Gun - Good fire rate, but poor ammo capacity. Powerful only at close range, and the best for low investment.
- Riot Gun - Decent fire rate and good ammo capacity, strong at medium to close range, and has the most powerful Alt Fire.
- Tactical Pistol - Fast fire rate and great ammo capacity, best paired with melee for stuns or taking care of enemies that die in one hit.
- Assault Rifle - Fast fire rate, great ammo capacity, good for stunning but requires a lot of ammo to kill anything.
The Stun Baton will have its uses for most one-on-one fights and is the best option for any player struggling with ammo conservation. It begins to drop off after a while unless its damage is fully upgraded but will be hard to use when fighting multiple enemies at once. Both the Pistol and Hand Cannon both work very well with melee attacks and can hold their own.
For pure damage, the Riot Gun and Skunk Gun will take out most enemies with just a few shots. If players have every weapon, their random pickups will include ammo for each weapon they have. For the early game, the Hand Cannon and Riot Gun are the best recommendations to get through the entire game, especially with their Alt Fire.
For more weapon guides, check out How to kill the Two-Headed Abomination in The Callisto Protocol here on Pro Game Guides.