If you want to make a bronze pickaxe or a cultivator, you will need core wood, which can be found only in one biome; here is what you need to know.
Where to find core wood in Valheim
To get core wood in Valheim, you will need to head into the Black forest and chop down pine and fir trees; we recommend either a bronze axe or a fully upgraded flint axe for the best results.
Afterward, you will get a few core wood dropping alongside the usual wood resources when you chopped both the pine tree and log.
Once you get the core wood, you can then make both the bronze pickaxe and cultivator, as shown below, inside a forge.
Related: How to get a pickaxe in Valheim
You will also need core wood for the following items below, along with both bronze pickaxes and cultivators.
- Fine Woodbow
- 10 Fine Wood: Chop down birch trees in the meadows biome to get fine wood; you will also need a bronze axe to chop birch trees down.
- 10 Core Wood: Chop down both pine and fir trees to get core wood.
- 2 Deer Hide: you obtain these hides by killing deers.
- Iron Pickaxe
- 20 Iron Bars: You can get iron by smelting down iron ore or scrap iron from muddy scrap piles in the swamp biome.
- 3 Core Wood: Chop down both pine and fir trees to get core wood.
- 20 Core Wood: Chop down both pine and fir trees to get core wood.
- 5 Deer Trohipes: These will drop from deers occasionally
- 2 Leather Scraps: You can get leather from pigs.
For more on Valheim, we at PGG have you covered with an expanding roster of guides like how to make a workbench and how to upgrade your workbench in Valheim how to get a pickaxe in Valheim. Along with these two awesome guides, check back later and we will have even more guides for Valheim coming out in the weeks and days ahead.