Here are the patch notes for the most recent update for Valheim, and everything it entails.
Valheim Update & Patch Notes
The following is everything the recent updates and patch notes for Valheim added or changed. We will also keep this list updated with all future changes and updates for the game in the upcoming years and months. You can download the most recent update, patch 0.148.6 now by going into the download section of Steam and hitting Start on the download, however—the game should automatically do this for you if you have the option checked.
Valheim March 29 Patch Notes
- Localization updates.
- Added separate walk-sneak snow footstep SFX.
- Music update ( fixed some sound glitches ).
- Credits updated ( Changed the look of the credits screen & added missing names ).
- Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator timing & input tweaks ( Slightly lower use delay & queued button presses for a smoother experience...just for you ).
Valheim 0.148.6 Patch Notes
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands.
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix.
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps).
- Comfort calculation fixed.
- "Failed to connect" error message fixed.
- Serpent trophy stack fix.
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds "genloc" command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common).
- Megingjord item-collider fix.
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason).
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats.
- Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected.
Gameplay Changes and Tweaks
- Campfire, Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage.
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6x4.
- All boss drops can now float on water.
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased.
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck).
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame).
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore.
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument "-console" to enable).
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system.
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier).
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies).
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks.
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator.
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added.
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible).
- Better bad connection detection.