Here are the patch notes for the most recent update for Valheim, and everything it entails.
Valheim Update & Patch Notes
The following is everything the recent updates and patch notes for Valheim added or changed. We will also keep this list updated with all future changes and updates for the game in the upcoming years and months. You can download the most recent update, patch 0.148.6 now by going into the download section of Steam and hitting Start on the download, however—the game should automatically do this for you if you have the option checked.
Valheim June 9 Patch Notes
- Fixed issue where capes sometimes formed strange bumps on the back after jumping.
- Close build gui with ESC selection fix.
- Fuling army event trigger fixed.
- Wolf hunt event trigger fixed.
- Troll ground slam can now be blocked.
- Longship repair & build sound fixes.
- Wolfcape durability fix.
- Respawning resources timer fix (Berries and flint should now correctly respawn).
- Serpents no longer flee when low on health.
- Fixed issue with ship containers not closing properly in some situations.
- Raise terrain is more smooth & less pointy.
- Fixed water particles & water-surface clipping issues inside boats.
- Better fermenter feedback when it’s exposed.
- Tweaked some sound assets to use less RAM.
- Covered rocks should no longer look wet during rain.
Valheim May 12 Patch Notes
- Fixed smelter issue when a very long time has passed since visiting (10000 days)
- 30s Pre world save warning added
- Stone stair physics fix
- Inventory screen gamepad focus fix
- Large-creature visual overhaul (troll, boss-2 & boss-3)
- Troll ragdoll material fix
- Harpoon mechanics overhauled
- Engine updated (some stability improvements)
- Draugr archer visual fixes (1 & 2 star draugrs sometimes got the wrong material)
- Fixed issues when crafting station is destroyed while in use
- Creature group spawning adjusted to avoid spawning over total limit (in some cases)
- Credits updated
- Localization updates
Valheim April 19 Patch Notes
- Swamp draugr spawner location fix to prevent draugrs from spawning inside stones.
- Lox pet-sfx fix.
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions.
- Dolmen location stone size fix.
- New terrain modification system.
- Terrain-modification priority changed (Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings, only applies to the new terrain modification system).
- World loading tweaks (to fix issues with ships and buildings getting damaged while loading).
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu (to decrease network bandwidth usage).
- Lowered the amount of stone required to Raise ground using the hoe.
Valheim March 29 Patch Notes
- Localization updates.
- Added separate walk-sneak snow footstep SFX.
- Music update ( fixed some sound glitches ).
- Credits updated ( Changed the look of the credits screen & added missing names ).
- Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator timing & input tweaks ( Slightly lower use delay & queued button presses for a smoother experience...just for you ).
Valheim 0.148.6 Patch Notes
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands.
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix.
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps).
- Comfort calculation fixed.
- "Failed to connect" error message fixed.
- Serpent trophy stack fix.
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds "genloc" command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common).
- Megingjord item-collider fix.
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason).
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats.
- Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected.
Gameplay Changes and Tweaks
- Campfire, Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage.
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6x4.
- All boss drops can now float on water.
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased.
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck).
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame).
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore.
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument "-console" to enable).
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system.
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier).
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies).
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks.
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator.
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added.
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible).
- Better bad connection detection.