Here are the patch notes for the most recent update for Valheim, and everything it entails.
The following is everything the recent updates and patch notes for Valheim added or changed. We will also keep this list updated with all future changes and updates for the game in the upcoming years and months. You can download the most recent update, patch 0.148.6 now by going into the download section of Steam and hitting Start on the download, however—the game should automatically do this for you if you have the option checked.
Valheim June 20 Patch Notes
* Maypole now enabled in the building menu
* Flower crowns!
* New banner colours (Orange, white, yellow and purple)
Fixes & Improvements:
* Unity updated to version 2020.3.33 (should reduce crashes!)
* Tamed animals now follow the player into Haldor’s forcefield
* Tweaks to Yagluth’s hair so it no longer flies around in the air
* Console command exclusivefullscreen is now toggleable
* Mods can now set an isModded flag to let players and our support know the game is modded
* Inventory keyboard UI hint fixed
* Console server command 'recall’ added (teleports other players to your position)
* Cloud save files will now be stored in Steam/[YourIDNumber]/892970 instead of AppData
* Local files will now be stored in “worlds_local” and “characters_local” under AppData and no longer be synced to cloud to avoid sync conflicts and dataloss when using multiple accounts on the same machine, and when using dedicated servers.
* Files still in the old file structure will be moved to the Steam Cloud or new local folder when used and a backup will be kept
* Worlds’ save files can now be renamed and will load correctly
* Large worlds (300mb or bigger) should now sync correctly
* Maximum Cloud storage for Valheim has increased greatly, thanks Valve!
Valheim 0.205.5 November 25th Patch Notes
* Fixed network issue when picking up items that just auto-stacked
* Location music transition fixes
* Swamps music volume tweak
* Some player animation transition fixes
* Monsters wakes up if hit by a ranged attack
* Jump animation issue fixed
* Console command auto complete help
* Added new armor set
* Something stirs in the swamps
Valheim 0.203.10 October 4 Patch Notes
* Oven & cookingstation drop food items when destroye
* Gamepad sensitivity save fix
* Acorn & Birch seed drop rate increased
* Onion seed icon tweak
* Player number difficulty scale tweaks
* Removed comfort from Crystal wall
* Atgeir, Blackmetal axe, Bronze spear tweaks
* Lower melee weapon stamina drain
* Knives have more durability
* Tweaked some food stats based on effort to craft (blood pudding, boar jerky, bread, deer stew, mincemeat sauce, wolf jerky)
* Night-spawning monsters despawn faster in the morning
* Parry ranged attacks staggers caster again (illogical but fun)
* Fuling AI tweaks (Spreads out & circles more)
* Longer Lox attack cooldowns
* Frost damage slowdown fix
* Shield tutorial trigger fix for wood shields
* Wood log 26° & 45° stability fix
* Jack-o-turnip enabled
* Torch + weapon jog animation fix
Valheim 0.202.19 September 17 Patch Notes
- Rebalanced hp/stamina on most foods ( more stamina on hp foods and more hp on stamina foods etc )
- Fixed tar-pit not spawning on dedicated-server worlds
- Slightly lower hp on Fulings & Fuling shamans
- Slightly easier to stagger Fulings
- Fixed issue with pressing I in server list while trying to filter servers
- Lower bow stamina use
- Cage wall 1x1 physics fix ( Already placed pieces will probably need to be repositioned )
- Boars now also eat blueberries, raspberries & mushrooms
- Chinese translation fix
Valheim September 16 - Hearth and Home Update Patch Notes
- Weapons rebalanced (All weapons have been rebalanced to be more viable as main weapon and also have more unique playstyles).
- Blocking system overhauled (Current maximum hp now greatly affects your ability to block attacks, stagger bar gui added).
- Naming tamed creatures.
- Gamepad sensitivity settings.
- Auto-pickup toggle button added.
- Graphics settings (Active point lights & Active point light shadows).
- Tamed creatures affected by friendly fire setting (i.e you can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item).
- Various other improvements and bugfixes.
- Food rebalance (Most food items now give mainly stamina or mainly health to make food choices more interesting).
- Food GUI overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food.
- Over 10 new things to eat (Actually 12).
- Tamed Lox now have a purpose.
- Slimy locations & creatures added to plains.
- New plantable seeds: Birch, Oak & Onions.
- New weapons: Crystal battleaxe, Silver knife.
- New shields: Bone tower shield, Iron buckler.
- Butcher knife (Special weapon for butchering tamed animals).
- Thunder stone (Sold by trader).
- Lox accessory.
- New Darkwood building pieces like shingle roofs, beams, decorations and more.
- New types of furniture, including but not limited to a mighty stone throne and a steamy viking hot tub.
- Crystal walls.
- New types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources.
- Cauldron improvements: Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans.
- Cartography table (For sharing map-data with other players).
- Oven added (For baking bread and pie).
- Obliterator added (Items be gone).
- Iron cooking station (Required to cook some types of meat).
Valheim July 1 Patch Notes
- AI tweaks (Monsters should always target creatures [including players] first if they have a clear path to them & monsters should only attack low priority structures [walls etc.] if they are trying to get to a player).
Valheim June 23 Patch Notes
- Random save bug-fix (Solves a very unusual case of world corruption caused when shutting down).
- Monster AI tweaks (More aggressively attacking structures when unable to attack the player among other things).
- Open container fix (Fixes issue where you had to click a container multiple times to open it in multiplayer).
- Taught Greydwarfs to throw better.
- Event trigger tweaks (Wolf event only triggers after Bonemass has been killed, Moder army can trigger in mountains etc.).
- Long forgotten Blob event enabled.
- SFX volume setting fix (Used wrong DB conversion).
- Maypole enabled (Happy midsummer!).
- AI flee behaviour tweaks (Bosses don’t run from you anymore).
Valheim June 9 Patch Notes
- Fixed issue where capes sometimes formed strange bumps on the back after jumping.
- Close build gui with ESC selection fix.
- Fuling army event trigger fixed.
- Wolf hunt event trigger fixed.
- Troll ground slam can now be blocked.
- Longship repair & build sound fixes.
- Wolfcape durability fix.
- Respawning resources timer fix (Berries and flint should now correctly respawn).
- Serpents no longer flee when low on health.
- Fixed issue with ship containers not closing properly in some situations.
- Raise terrain is more smooth & less pointy.
- Fixed water particles & water-surface clipping issues inside boats.
- Better fermenter feedback when it’s exposed.
- Tweaked some sound assets to use less RAM.
- Covered rocks should no longer look wet during rain.
Valheim May 12 Patch Notes
- Fixed smelter issue when a very long time has passed since visiting (10000 days)
- 30s Pre world save warning added
- Stone stair physics fix
- Inventory screen gamepad focus fix
- Large-creature visual overhaul (troll, boss-2 & boss-3)
- Troll ragdoll material fix
- Harpoon mechanics overhauled
- Engine updated (some stability improvements)
- Draugr archer visual fixes (1 & 2 star draugrs sometimes got the wrong material)
- Fixed issues when crafting station is destroyed while in use
- Creature group spawning adjusted to avoid spawning over total limit (in some cases)
- Credits updated
- Localization updates
Valheim April 19 Patch Notes
- Swamp draugr spawner location fix to prevent draugrs from spawning inside stones.
- Lox pet-sfx fix.
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions.
- Dolmen location stone size fix.
- New terrain modification system.
- Terrain-modification priority changed (Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings, only applies to the new terrain modification system).
- World loading tweaks (to fix issues with ships and buildings getting damaged while loading).
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu (to decrease network bandwidth usage).
- Lowered the amount of stone required to Raise ground using the hoe.
Valheim March 29 Patch Notes
- Localization updates.
- Added separate walk-sneak snow footstep SFX.
- Music update ( fixed some sound glitches ).
- Credits updated ( Changed the look of the credits screen & added missing names ).
- Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator timing & input tweaks ( Slightly lower use delay & queued button presses for a smoother experience...just for you ).
Valheim 0.148.6 Patch Notes
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands.
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix.
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps).
- Comfort calculation fixed.
- "Failed to connect" error message fixed.
- Serpent trophy stack fix.
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds "genloc" command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common).
- Megingjord item-collider fix.
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason).
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats.
Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected.
Gameplay Changes and Tweaks
- Campfire, Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage.
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6x4.
- All boss drops can now float on water.
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased.
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck).
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame).
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore.
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument "-console" to enable).
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system.
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier).
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies).
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks.
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator.
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added.
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible).
Better bad connection detection.