In A Plague Tale: Requiem, you'll face many enemies, and while some will be easy targets, the ones with armor are much harder to take down. During your adventures, you'll meet soldiers with helmets, so you'll have to apply a different strategy for them. Here's how to kill soldiers wearing helmets in A Plague Tale: Requiem.
How to quickly eliminate soldiers with helmets in A Plague Tale Requiem
There are several ways to instantly kill soldiers wearing helmets in Plague Tale: Requiem, as you don't want to be in prolonged fights with them. Use these approaches to eliminate enemies fast:
- Crossbow - You can kill them instantly by firing a bolt, but you can only hold two bolts unless you fully upgrade the crossbow to carry more. This should be a last resort weapon unless as part of a story beat where the supply is unlimited.
- Throw Tar Pots - Use them to cover the ground or enemies in tar, then throw/sling Ignifer to light them on fire.
- Tar Jars - You can break them so the tar coats the floor or just set them on fire when the enemies are in radius. You can find them scattered about the levels on some maps.
- Extinguish torches - Put out the torches they are holding or any light source next to them by using Exstinguis, and the rats will do the rest.
- Knife - This weapon is very efficient in eliminating soldiers with helmets. You can only carry one blade at a time in most of the game. Knives, along with the crossbow, should be a last resort.
- Push enemies - If you are sneaky and have the Grappler skill in the Aggressive skill tree, you can push enemies into fire or rats.
A Plague Tale: Requiem is a game where you don't have to kill everyone. Sometimes you can avoid them by using your stealth skills. That can be useful if you don't want to spend valuable resources or draw even more enemies. Of course, sometimes it's necessary to kill, and sometimes just easier.
For more information on A Plague Tale: Requiem, check out What do you do at the windmills on La Cuna in Plague Tale Requiem? and How to solve the fire cart puzzle in Chapter 11 of Plague Tale Requiem