As a surprise for fans of the series, Dead by Daylight development company Behaviour Interactive has revealed that the next chapter of Dead by Daylight will feature Pinhead from the hit horror series Hellraiser. In the guide below, we cover everything there is to know about Pinhead, this chapter's terrifying new Killer.
Like all Killers in Dead by Daylight, Pinhead brings his own special brew of torture with his special abilities and perks. He has two special abilities: Summons of Pain and Lament Configuration, both of which are explained below.
Summons of Pain
This ability allows The Cenobite (Pinhead) to summon forth a chain from a gateway that he created. This is a possessed chain that the player can guide towards a Survivor to ensnare them. Once trapped, a Survivor's speed is slowed, they receive the Incapacited status effect, and they cannot leave through the Exit Gates. Pinhead can summon additional chains to further slow the Survivor. The chains break if any solid object moves through them, including characters.
The Lament Configuration is an object on the map that helps Pinhead in pursuing Survivors. If it is left alone, the Lament Configuration initiates a Chain Hunt, which is when chains are summoned automatically to attack Survivors. If a Survivor picks up a Lament Configuration, they suffer from the Oblivious status effect, Chains will periodically attack them, and Pinhead will see them and be able to teleport to them. They must solve it to drop the device.
If The Cenobite picks up the Lament Configuration, a Chain Hunt starts, and all survivors will be attacked by chains and reveal their location when they scream.
The following list includes all the Perks being introduced with The Cenobite. These are initially only available to Pinhead, but they will be teachable to other Killers by purchasing them from the Blood Web.
- Description: You induce mental suffering by crushing any hope of escape.
- Effect: When generators are completed, The Entity blocks the generator with the most progression for 20/25/30 seconds. Pinhead can see the generator that is blocked.
- Description: A Hex that toys with a victim's suffering.
- Effect: When a Survivor is hooked and there is at least one undestroyed Dull Totem, the Hex activates on a random totem and causes Survivor to suffer from the Cursed and Oblivious status effects until the totem is cleansed. The Aura of the activated totem is visible to the Survivor within 24/20/16 meters. For the first 90 seconds after it is activated, only the Cursed Survivor can cleanse it.
Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain
- Description: You are the bringer of sweet pain.
- Effect: Four random hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks at the start of the trial. Those hooks are visible to Pinhead. When Survivors are unhooked from Scourge Hooks, they suffer from Haemorrhage and Mangled status effects. When healed, the Survivor suffers 7/8/9% Healing and Repairing Speed penalty until they are injured again.
That's all there is to know about The Cenobite so far!