With the release of Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.2, some big changes are coming to the various types of Allagan Tomestones and what you can exchange them for. In particular, a trio of Tomestones are being retired, one tomestone is having its cap removed, and a single new tombstone is being added. Here are all changes to Allan Tomestones in Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.2.
FFXIV Allagan Tomestones being removed
Two Tomestones types are being removed in patch 6.2
- Allagan Tomestones of Revelation are being removed in patch 6.2
- Allagan Tomestones of Allegory are being removed in patch 6.2
These Tomestones can be exchanged for Allagan Tomestones of Poetics (the generic Tomestone received for duties under level 80) until the maintenance for patch 6.2 starts.
Allagan Tomestones being retired
- You will no longer be able to obtain or exchange Allagan Tomestones of Aphorism for gear after patch 6.2
Allagan Tomestones of Aphorism will be exchangeable for Allagan Tomestones of Astronomy after the 6.2 patch, but you won’t be able to earn or exchange them for gear.
Allagan Tomestones with cap removed
Allagan Tomestones of Astronomy will have their weekly cap of 450 removed, but will retain a maximum limit of 2,000 at a time (with no weekly cap).
New Tomestones added in patch 6.2
Allagan Tomestones of Causality will be added, which can only be obtained after reaching level 90 with at least one class or job.
What to do with your Tomestones before FFXIV patch 6.2
All those Tomestone Changes are confusing, huh? Here’s what you should do with your Tomestones before patch 6.2.
- Exchange all your Tomestones of Allegory and Revelation before patch 6.2’s maintenance. You should convert (and possibly spend) all these Tomestones before the start of 6.2 maintenance as they’ll be useless afterward.
- Cap out your Tomestones of Aphorism and Tomestones of Astronomy before patch 6.2 maintenance starts. This is because you’ll be able to spend your Astronomy Tomestones on new stuff and effectively increase your cap thanks to the Aphorism Tomestones, which can be converted later.
- Be ready to spend Tomestones of Aphorism and Tomestones of Astronomy when the patch drops. New items, sometimes for crafting classes, are often released on major patches. You can spend these Tomestones on the new items and often sell them for lots of Gil!
For more Final Fantasy XIV news, guides and information, check out How to travel between Data Centers in Final Fantasy XIV on Pro Game Guides.