In Chapter Four, Epic Games added a new mechanic to Fortnite called Reality Augments. In short, Reality Augments are buffs that are randomly gained during a match. The effects of these buffs vary greatly, but they are all boons that will be helpful in their own ways during the match. Despite this, there are certainly some Augments a cut above the rest.
Five best Reality Augments in Fortnite
- Bloodhound: The Bloodhound Augment causes hits with a marksman rifle or bow to mark the target for a short time. Considering the prevalence and power of Fortnite's DMR marksman rifle, this Augment is a game-changer.
- Forecast: Extremely simple and extremely effective, the Forecast Augment allows you to see the next Storm Circle, allowing you to plan your next moves based on the information your opponents almost certainly lack.
- Splash Medic: Shields are an invaluable resource in Fortnite, and having as many shield-giving items as possible is a huge advantage. Thus, Splash Medic, an Augment that increases the rate you find Chug Splashes from containers, is a massive boon.
- More Parkour: Using the hurdling and mantling mechanics were already an advantage due to their speed and efficiency, but the More Parkour Augment refunds energy when you execute them, giving the potential for indefinite fast movement either towards or away from opponents.
- Soaring Sprints: Lastly, Soaring Sprints is another movement Augment that, while not refunding energy, holds its own incredibly powerful advantage. This Augment allows you to jump higher than normal and with reduced gravity, allowing you to soar through the air. This Augment is extremely open-ended and, in skilled hands, has innumerable uses.
All Reality Augments in Fortnite
While there are certainly a top five that stand above the other Reality Augments, knowing all of the Augments and their functions is extremely helpful even when you are not offered one of the more powerful options, as each can be helpful and increase your odds of winning a match. With that in mind, here are the other 17 Reality Augments in Fortnite.
- Aerialist: This Augment allows you to redeploy your Glider at any time for the rest of the match, making movement a breeze and allowing you to reach distant areas if you jump from a high point.
- Bow Specialist: This Augment is every Bow player's dream, as it speeds up Bow drawing and reloading and regenerates arrows over time.
- Bush Warrior: A big fan of stealth and the wild? Try Bush Warrior, an Augment that regenerates all health and some shields over time while standing in large foliage.
- Chug Gunner: This Augment immediately turns you into a walking medic by giving you a Chug Cannon. Best picked in group matches will allow you to rain healing down upon allies.
- Demolition Munitions: A build-your-own-grenades kind of Augment, Demolition Munitions causes explosives to drop from destroying structures that players did not create. This makes material farming all the more worthwhile, as you'll get materials and weapons at the same time.
- First Assault: For the player in your squad that's deadly accurate, this Augment gives the first round in an Assault Rifle magazine bonus damage if it hits its target.\
- Jelly Angler: A strange but useful Augment, Jelly Angler gives you a Fishing Rod and allows you to fish in any water, but you can only catch Jellyfish. The Jellyfish itself heals 20 Hit Points, but notably also heals nearby teammates the same amount.
- Light Fingers: This Augment causes you to reload faster if you have a Light Ammo weapon in your hands. While not a flashy Augment, it can be the split-second difference in close combat.
- Mechanical Archer: Speaking of a Bow user's dream, Mechanical Archer gives you both a Mechanical Explosive Bow and Mechanical Shockwave Bow, allowing you to rain down fire and lightning upon enemies.
- Party Time: A funny and also effective Augment, Party Time gives you Balloons over time. This makes it quite the effective Augment for getting around the map over short distances.
- Pistol Amp: This Augment gives all pistols increased magazine size. This isn't a huge game-changer, but it certainly increases the effectiveness of your trusty sidearm.
- Rifle Recycle: For those who favor Medium Ammo weapons in Fortnite, Rifle Recycle gives a chance for each bullet to not be consumed upon firing, effectively increasing your ammunition as well as your magazine size.
- Rushing Reload: If you have a shotgun, you were probably already running and gunning anyways, so Rushing Reload is the perfect Augment for you. This Augment causes you to slowly generate shotgun shells while sprinting, so stay on the move.
- Storm Mark: An Augment that increases your awareness, Storm Mark allows you to ping the new Storm Area as it appears, and doing so will reveal nearby enemies to you.
- Supercharged: Are you the squad member that sprints for the nearest vehicle every match? If so, Supercharged causes vehicles to consume no fuel and increases their health, so be sure to pick this Augment up if you see it.
- Tactical Armory: If you're short on good weaponry, take this Augment, as Tactical Armory gives you a rare Tactical Assault Rifle and a Combat Shotgun to immediately put you back in the game.
- Tricked Out: Another Augment for vehicle lovers, Tricked Out automatically equips Chonkers and a Cow Catcher to any car or truck you enter.
How to activate Reality Augments in Fortnite
Over the course of a Fortnite match, you will be rewarded with Reality Augments. These will appear as a notification underneath your minimap on the screen. These Augments do not trigger by themselves and must be activated manually, so be sure to find a safe area to peruse and activate them.
When you open an Augment, the game will offer you a choice between two options and allow you to choose which Augment you wish to use. Furthermore, you can reroll the Augments offered. Each match, you are allowed one free reroll and must pay 100 Gold Bars for each subsequent reroll after the free one. Lastly, note that you can only have four Augments applied at one time, so keep this in mind when making choices between Augments.
Want more information on Fortnite? Check out Fortnite 2v2 Map Codes List – Best Duos PVP Maps! (December 2022) and Fortnite 1v1 Map Codes List (December 2022) – Best 1v1 Codes! from Pro Game Guides!