Some of the new challenges added to Horizon Forbidden West's map are called Relic Ruins. Relic Ruins can be found all over the map and will force players to complete puzzles and traverse obstacles to find the collectible held within each Ruin.
The Dry Yearn Relic Ruin is an easy one to miss. This Relic Ruin is technically underground, so it will not appear on the game's map until players approach it or hear about it by listening to gossip/rumors in a camp. Players will also need the Vine Cutter upgrade on their spear before they can tackle this Relic Ruin. The steps that will need to be taken to complete the Relic Ruins: Dry Yearn are listed below:
- The first step is actually finding the Relic Ruin. You can find this Relic Ruin just to the east of the Scalding Spear camp, but players will only be able to enter the Relic Ruin from the eastern side.
- After it has been located, players can enter the Ruin from its eastern side. Upon entering, players should spot a large blast door directly in front of them and Metal Flower right away. The Metal Flower is located near the center-left side of the main room. Players will need the Vine Cutter upgrade on their spear to progress further. Destroy the Metal Flower to reveal a room behind the vines. You can destroy metal Flowers by hitting them three times with the spear and then pressing R1 to destroy its vines.
- Inside the revealed room, players will find a crate. Pull this crate out of the room and over to the edge of its path (towards the blast door). This will be used to jump onto the metal platforms above.
- The next step is to turn the valve that raises the blast door. The blast door doesn't stay raised forever, so players will have to act fast once it is rasied. Turn the valve and then run through the door to the other side of the room.
- Once players have entered this new room, they should spot another crate on their left. You will use this in the same way as the last crate. Pull it out and towards the blast door until it can't be pulled anymore. You will use this to climb to the metal platform above. This platform is where players will find the Relic Ruin's locked door.
- When players first jump up to this metal platform, they should look right, across the tracks. There are three metal beams that can be pulled down using Aloy's Pullcaster. Do this to progress to the next step.
- Now that the beams are pulled down, the blast door should be fully closed. Players should scan with their focus to spot the grab points on the blast door. Use these to climb up to the metal beams and then use those to cross to the metal platform containing the Key Module.
- Before using the Key Module, players should jump down to the train tracks in the center of the room and look towards the back wall. There should be another Pullcaster prompt on the back wall. Pull this to reveal a train car. This car will need to be pulled all the way to the edge of the blast door to progress.
- Once the train car has been pulled over to the blast door, it is in place. Next, go to the locked door and use the Key Module to open it. Unlike other Relic Ruins, the Dry Yearn locked door does not need a Door Code to open. The Key Module will be enough.
- Pull down the grate in this room using the Pullcaster and travel through this, kicking down the next grate in your path. Once you have exited the grate, blow up the Firegleam on the wall. This will lead back to the starting area.
- Jump back up to the blast door's valve. This time, when the blast door raises, jump down and pull the train car under the door to hold it open. Now that the door is stuck open, enter the opposite room (the one that contained the Key Module).
- Once in this room, players should use the train car to jump back onto the blast door's grab points. They will be slightly higher now, allowing players to travel to a new level of this room.
- Travel through this level of the structure back towards the starting room, using the Pullcaster once along the way. At the end of this path, players should be able to drop down to a metal platform containing this Relic Ruin's collectible Ornament.
Where to find the Relic Ruins: Dry Yearn
The Relic Ruins: Dry Yearn is just to the east of the Scalding Spear camp. Travel this direction to find it on the game's map.
Where to find the Key Module
Following the steps above will lead players to this Relic Ruin's Key Module. The Key Module will be obtained in Step 7.
Where to find the Door Code
This Relic Ruin will not require a Door Code for its locked door and will only need a Key Module.
What is the reward for Relic Ruins: Dry Yearn?
All of the Relic Ruins in Horizon Forbidden West will result in players obtaining Ornaments. Which Ornament players get depends on the Relic Ruin completed. The Relic Ruins: Restless Weald will reward players with Ornament: Dry Yearn.
These Ornaments are used later in the game once players reach the camp in Las Vegas and also complete the Nights of Lights quest. Players can redeem the Ornaments by talking to an NPC named Stemmur, who can turn the Ornaments into beautiful light shows. These collectibles are pretty cosmetic in nature and won't have a large effect on gameplay.
Interested in other Relic Ruins in Horizon Forbidden West and want to read more? Check out How to complete 'Restless Weald' Relic Ruins in Horizon Forbidden West? on Pro Game Guides!