Corruptors are extremely dangerous machines in Horizon Forbidden West. They are not encountered often, but when they are they can pose a real problem for players. The best way to take out a Corruptor is to focus on its elemental weakness (Fire damage) and also focus attacks on vulnerable body parts.
Taking out a Stormbird's Storm Cannon disables its ranged shock attack, which is one of the most devastating it will throw at players in battle. Its Wing Thrusters are also nice targets as they will disable its diving melee attack when removed.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Players can attack machines with different kinds of elemental attacks. Elemental attacks in the game include Fire, Shock, Frost, Plasma, Purgewater, and Acid. The Corruptor will be weak to damage from Fire attacks. They are strong against damage from Berserk attacks.
There are a few different body parts on a Corruptor but each one will drop different loot and deal different amounts of damage to the machine when attacked by players. The body parts on a Corruptor are:
- Spike Launcher
- Heat Core
- Grenade Launcher
Machines in Horizon Forbidden West will drop different loot items, with many being specific to each kind of machine. Some can be looted from a fallen machine, while others will need to be removed (shot off with an arrow or removed with a hit from the spear) while the machine is still alive. The Corruptor will drop a long list of loot items:
- Piercing Spike (Rare) - Dropped from Body and Spike Launcher
- Metal Shards (Common) - Dropped from Body
- Medium Machine Core (Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Volatile Sludge (Very Rare) - Dropped from Body and Spike Launcher
- Corruptor Circulator* (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Machine Muscle (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Corruptor Primary Nerve* (Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Braided Wire (Common) - Dropped from Body
- Crystal Braiding (Very Rare) - Dropped from Body and Grenade Launcher
- Sturdy Hardplate (Common) - Dropped from Body
- Metal Bone (Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Blastpaste (Rare) - Dropped from Spike Launcher and Grenade Launcher
*Loot items marked with an asterisk are exclusively dropped from the Corruptor machine.
In Horizon Forbidden West, Cauldrons allow players to override the machines within that Cauldron once they have completed it. Completing a Cauldron usually means traversing through its dungeon-like corridors and facing off against a boss at the end. The Corruptor is not a part of any Override Cauldron.
Interested in other machine guides in Horizon Forbidden West? Check out How to defeat the Slitherfang in Horizon Forbidden West on Pro Game Guides!