Scrappers are one of the easiest enemies to face in Horizon Forbidden West. The biggest threat they pose is in their Plasma elemental effect attacks. This can be easily taken care of by attacking and removing the machine's Plasma Cell. This will prevent it from using any Plasma attacks.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Players can attack machines with different kinds of elemental attacks. Elemental attacks in the game include Fire, Shock, Frost, Plasma, Purgewater, and Acid. The Scrapper will be weak to damage from Shock attacks. They are strong against damage from Plasma attacks.
There are a few different body parts on a Scrapper but each one will drop different loot and deal different amounts of damage to the machine when attacked by players. The body parts on a Scrapper are:
- Plasma Cell
Machines in Horizon Forbidden West will drop different loot items, with many being specific to each kind of machine. Some can be looted from a fallen machine while others will need to be removed (shot off with an arrow or removed with a hit from the spear) while the machine is still alive. The Scrapper will drop a long list of loot items:
- Glowblast (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body and Plasma Cell
- Metal Shards (Common) - Dropped from Body
- Machine Muscle (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Scrapper Circulator* (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Braided Wire (Common) - Dropped from Body
- Small Machine Core (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Scrapper Primary Nerve* (Uncommon) - Dropped from Body
- Sturdy Hardplate (Common) - Dropped from Body
- Metal Bone (Rare) - Dropped from Body
- Scrapper Radar* (Rare) - Dropped from Radar
- Scrapper Spark Coil* (Rare) - Dropped from Plasma Cell
*Loot items marked with an asterisk are exclusively dropped from the Scrapper machine.
In Horizon Forbidden West, Cauldrons allow players to override the machines within that Cauldron once they have completed it. Completing a Cauldron usually means traversing through its dungeon-like corridors and facing off against a boss at the end. The Scrapper is a part of the MU Overrides Cauldron.
Interested in other machine guides in Horizon Forbidden West? Check out How to defeat the Slitherfang in Horizon Forbidden West on Pro Game Guides!