Among the Warrior class, Gunlancers are the best fighters and the vanguard of most parties. Gun lances are formidable weapons, but their best quality is the fact that they can absorb damage very well. They are the perfect tanks.
Best Gunlancer build
Gunlancers use their weapons and shield to fulfill their role as a tank. Due to their high Armor rating, HP, and defensive skills, they're considered the best tanks in the game, and as such, they always take the brunt of the damage.
|Skill||Skill Level||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Dash Upper Fire||7||Ready Attack||Weak Point Detection||N/A|
|Shield Bash||12||Nimble Movement||Wea Point Detection||Additional Hit|
|Bash||11||Armor Destruction||Ready Attack||Bell Strike|
|Leap Attack||12||Direct Hit||Electric Field||Low Shock|
|Guardian's Thunderbolt||12||Damage Luck||Tough Strike||Lightning Stalk|
|Shield Charge||12||Enhanced Strike||Shield||Destruction Charger|
|Shout of Hatred||10||Quick Prep||Shield||Open Weakness|
|Nellasia's Energy||10||Quick Prep||Effectiveness||Survive|
Related: Lost Ark – Paladin Build Guide
Once you reach level 50, you can start using Engravings. There are two Class Engravings for each class that slightly alter the way the class functions. The Gunlancer has Lone Knight and Combat Readiness. If you like to play the game alone, choose Lone Knight. And if you're with friends, use Combat Readiness.
- Lone Knight - Every Skill's Crit Rate increases by 5%. Crit Damage increases by 30%. The player cannot use battlefield Shield while this engraving is active. The Shield Meter consumption during Defensive Stance doubles.
- With every upgrade, Crit Rate goes up by 5%, and Crit Damage goes up by 10%
- Combat Readiness - Normal skills damage increases by 20%, and the Shield amount goes up by 30% while in Defensive Stance. Damage also goes up by 4% for 10 seconds after being hit while in Defensive Stance (can stack every second up to three stacks).
- With every upgrade, damage increased while being hit goes up by 1%, and the Shield amount goes up by 10%
Gunlancer Awakening Skills
The cooldowns on Awakening Skills are extremely long, but they are extremely powerful. There are two unique Awakening Skills per class, but only one can be equipped at a time. Guardian's protection is good paired with Combat Readiness, while Lance of Judgment is better paired with Lone Knight.
- Guardian's Protection - Recover 100% Shield Meter and release a 10-meter radius protection aura for 10 seconds. All party members in the aura take 40% less damage and cannot be debuffed or pushed. Enemies in the aura take 111 damage and become stunned for four seconds.
- Lance of Judgment - A gigantic spear of light hits a location chosen by the player, launching enemies into the air and inflicting 111 damage. Crit Rate goes up by 10% for all party members within a five-meter radius for 10 seconds.