Phasmophobia's Tempest update makes numerous changes to gameplay and adds several new graphical options. Our guide summarizes these changes and new features in the patch notes for Tempest Major Update v0.8.0.0.
Phasmophobia Tempest Update - All Major Changes and Features
Phasmophiba's Tempest Update features many changes, but the changes made to Custom Difficulty and Investigation rewards are the most notable. Other notable changes include a Ghost rework, graphical options, and a holiday event called Holiday 2022. Here's a look at the most notable of these changes:
- Rewards and Custom Difficulty Rework- The most significant change with Update v0.8.0.0 is that Custom Difficulty maps received an 80 percent reduction to all rewards. To cope with the 80 percent reduction, Investigations now get more rewards and bonuses for completing specific objectives. Here's a look into the changes and bonuses for Investigations:
- Payment Page in Jurnoal to highlight rewards
- Bonus for identifying the ghost correctly and escaping.
- Successfully doing the following will earn more rewards at the end of missions:
- Identifying Ghost.
- Acquiring the Bone.
- Fill the Journal with three-star photos.
- Secondary Objectives rewards reduced to make room for new rewards.
Phasmophobia Tempest Update Ghost rework
Several ghosts had certain elements changed or reworked in the Tempest Update. Here's the complete list of all changes made to Ghosts in Phasmohpbia:
- Hunting Ghost model flickers synced across all players.
- Hunting Ghosts affect lights at the same range as equipment.
- Rajius will influence lights at 15m while other ghosts remain at 10m.
- Wraiths never step in a salt pile now.
- Obakes have a six percent chance to shapeshift and change ghost forms when it flickers.
- Obakes have at least one guaranteed chance of shape-shifting.
- Revenants no longer slow down instantly after losing line of sight of players.
- Goryos won't change their room and roam long distances anymore.
- The Hantu's cold breath now plays in any room during hunts, but only if the breaker is off.
- The Yurei no longer use their ability when there is no door in their room.
Phasmophobia Tempest Update New Features
Besides the changes to rewards and progression, Phasmohiba received new features with new graphical upgrades. If you want to check out all of these new options, we recommend taking a look at the official patch notes for Phasmophobia.
- New Fog Graphics added.
- Locations start with temperatures between 10-18°C and ll start at the same temperature as Clear weather (8-15°C).
- New Sunrise Weather.
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion option.
- Anti-Aliasing options.
- FidelityFX 1.0 option.
New Holiday Event for Phasmophobia
Overall, Phasmophobia's Tempest Update is a decently hefty one that adds many features, changes/fixes, including a new Holiday update. The Holiday 2022 event tasks players with performing a series of objectives, with the reward being a new Holiday badge and trophy. Below is a look into the objectives for the Holiday 2022 event.
- Enter each location with a Holiday sticker and complete it on at least Intermediate difficulty - It seems like there are a total of seven locations with Holiday stickers.
- Collect six cookies and place them near the ghost to feed them after putting the cookies on a plate.
- Correctly Identify ghosts on all Holiday sticker maps and leave them alive.
For more on Phasmophobia, we at Pro Game Guides have you covered with How to use the EMF Reader in Phasmophobia and Phasmophobia Cheat Sheet – Updated! (December 2022).