We're taking a look at the best counters for Heatran in Pokemon Go for the January 2020 Tier 5 Raids that will be available until February 4th, 2020! If you want to have the best possible options to defeat this raid boss then look no further than this guide!
In this raid you have the possibility of getting a shiny Heatran! If you do come across one, you will be guaranteed to catch it so don't worry about it getting away. Here's a look at what the Shiny version of Heatran looks like next to the normal version (Credit to ShadowCat117):
Heatran is a Fire/Steel Pokemon so it is countered best by Ground type moves, but Fighting and Water moves can also be effective. We'll be listing some of the best counter options with their top moves for this fight along with some easier to find Pokemon that shouldn't be too hard to come by! Basically, you just want a sturdy Pokemon that doesn't get destroyed by fire moves.
Here's a list of the best counters for Heatran:
- Groudon - Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Rhyperior - Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Garchomp - Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Excadrill - Mud-Slap & Drill Run
- Rhydon - Mud-Slap & Earthquake
- Golurk - Mud-Slap & Earth Power
If you aren't a hardcore player, then you might not have some of the previous Pokemon. In that case, check out this list of easier to find Pokemon that counter Heatran:
- Kingler - Mud Shot & Crabhammer
- Machamp - Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Nidoking - Fury Cutter & Earth Power
- Sandslash - Mud Shot & Earthquake