To make most of the starting tools and weapons in Valheim, you will need flint, but where and how do you even get flint? Keep reading and find out!
Where to get flint in Valheim
To get flint in Valheim, you will need to walk along the sides of rivers and beaches; along the side where the land meets water, you will find flint spawning in great numbers along with stone.
However, you should be careful as along rivers monsters tend to spawn, but if you have a decent weapon like a crude bow, you can kill them in one hit.
Related: How to make a workbench in Valheim
That said, once you gather some flint up, you can then make the following items listed below.
- Flint Axe: Requires four wood and eight flint to make.
- Flint Knife: Requires two wood and four flint to make.
- Flint Spear: Requires five wood, tent flint, and two leather scraps to make.
- Flinthead Arrow: Requires eight wood, two flint, and two feathers to make.
- Chopping Block: Requires ten wood and flint to make.
We recommend crafting both the flint axe and chopping block first, as both will help you a lot in the early portions of the game. The axe will help you gather more wood, and the chopping block will allow you to upgrade items to tier two.
For more on Valheim, we at PGG have you covered with an expanding roster of guides like How to get copper and How to get a pickaxe in Valheim. Along with these two awesome guides, check back later and we will have even more guides for Valheim coming out in the weeks and days ahead.