For those thinking of grinding out the Tatsu Prime or those lucky enough to have already crafted this powerful two-handed Nikana, having a build in mind is key. Much like the case of the best Revenant Prime build in Warframe, finding and creating the best possible build for the Tatsu Prime will ensure success and massive damage to boot.
Best Tatsu Prime build in Warframe
Creating the best Tatsu Prime build in Warframe
Below are the best mods to use to create one of the best possible builds for the Tatsu Prime. These mods should bring out the best aspects of the weapon while shoring up potential weaknesses. One side note is that these mods are inferior to a Tatsu Riven mod and should be swapped out if one is acquired, as Riven mods are superior to other mods.
- Wise Razor: A stance mod unique to two-handed Nikanas, Wise Razor allows players to execute unique attacks and combos with their weapon. This mod is built into the Tatsu Prime and therefore is a must-include.
- Primed Pressure Point: This mod offers a flat increase to a melee weapon's base damage, scaling all the way up to 165% extra damage. This makes it a must-have for Tatsu Prime.
- Berserker Fury: The Berserker Fury mod shores up one of the Tatsu Prime's weaknesses by increasing attack speed upon killing an enemy. This attack speed is incredibly strong in two ways: it can stack twice and each stack gives up to 35% increased attack speed.
- Primed Reach: This mod simply increases melee attack range by up to three, shoring up another Tatsu Prime weakness by making its attacks hit much further away. This especially boosts its AoE effectiveness.
- Blood Rush: Pairing well with the Berserker Fury mod, Blood Rush increases critical hit chance based on the player's current combo multiplier up to a maximum of a staggering 440% increased critical chance. Increased attack speed from Berserker Fury will help to stack this mod quickly.
- True Steel: Continuing with the critical hit theme, True Steel offers an increase in critical hits for the Tatsu Prime, increasing the chance by up to 120%. Furthermore, this increase is doubled for heavy attacks.
- Organ Shatter: Organ Shatter takes all of these critical chance mods and puts them to good use by giving up to a 90% increase to critical hit damage, massively increasing the potential damage output for the Tatsu Prime.
- Spoiled Strike: Though it works against the attack speed bonus from Berserker Fury, Spoiled Strike is far too powerful to be left out of the build. While reducing melee attack speed by up to 20%, it offers up to a 100% melee damage increase that stacks additively with Primed Pressure Point.
- True Punishment: The True Punishment mod shines brightly in this build due to synergy with increased attack speed and benefitting Blood Rush. This mod, unfortunately, reduces the combo duration by up to 50% but more than makes up for this with up to a 100% chance to give an extra combo stack on hit. This will cause Blood Rush to stack twice as fast, increasing even more with Berserker Fury's attack speed stacks.
What is Tatsu Prime in Warframe?
Though having the best build at one's disposal is helpful, it is important to understand what the Tatsu Prime is as well as what makes it worthy as a weapon. First, it is a hard-hitting two-handed Nikana that deals massive damage with each hefty swing. On top of that, the Tatsu Prime also has a passive and active ability that scales with each kill before activating it. Killing enemies with the weapon will store charges (up to nine with a Revenant) that can be released with a spin attack. The charges are released as projectiles that track enemies and stun them, making for an incredibly powerful effect.
Looking for more information on Waframe? Check out How to farm the Growing Power mod in Warframe and Warframe – All Vaulted Prime Weapons and Warframes from Pro Game Guides!