World of Warcraft has always had some sort of reputation system in place. It's received tweaks and tunes over the years, and the Shadowlands expansion first introduced Renown Factions with Covenants. Dragonflight takes this idea and refines it even further. There are four major factions to earn Renown with as players explore the Dragon Isles. Here are who they are and some of the rewards they offer.
What are the Renown Factions in World of Warcraft Dragonflight
The Dragonscale Expedition is a teaming of the Explorer's League and the Reliquary. This mashup of Alliance and Horde forces shows us that we can accomplish great things by working together. They are the first Renown Faction players will encounter as they explore the Dragon Isles.
- Renown 6: Unlocks Climbing World Quests. These require players to climb the many mountains of the Dragon Isles.
- Renown 8: Unlocks Cataloging World Quests. These require players to photograph local wildlife.
- Renown 14: Unlocks the A Mystery, Sealed questline.
- Renown 16: Unlocks Magic-Bound Chests. These are puzzle chests that contain Renown Tokens.
- Renown 24: Unlocks the In the Halls of Titans questline.
Spread across the vast Ohn'ahran Plains are the Maruuk Centaur. This Renown Faction is a culmination of all the Centaur clans of the Ohn'ahran Plains and will be the second that players encounter in Dragonflight. It's interesting to see what has traditionally been a hostile faction turn somewhat friendly.
- Renown 4: Unlocks the Aylaag Clan camps. These are world quests that change every three days as the clan moves camps.
- Renown 5: Unlocks Grand Hunts. Players will join the Centaur in their hunts across the zones.
The Iskaara Tuskarr are likely to become a fan-favorite faction simply because everyone already loves the Tuskarr. Keeping up the tradition of their Northrend kin, this Renown Faction has an affinity for fishing and wants to share that, and some stories, with adventurers.
- Renown 3: Unlocks Community Feasts where adventurers help the Tuskarr prepare a meal.
- Renown 4: Unlocks Fishing Holes. These play into World Quests that require fishing.
- Renown 5: Unlocks Story Scrolls. Once a week, players can loot a Story of a Memorable Victory for reputation.
- Renown 11: Unlocks The Chieftain's Duty quest.
- Renown 15: Unlocks additional Story Scrolls.
The seat of power for all dragon kind, the Valdrakken Accord is the last Renown Faction that players will meet in their journeys through the DragonIsles.
- Renown 5: Unlocks the Siege on Dragonbane Keep. This event has players assisting the Black Dragonflight in reclaiming territory in the Waking Shores.
- Renown 7: Unlocks Dragonriding World Quests.
- Renown 12: Unlocks The Silver Purpose quest.
- Renown 19: Unlocks the Garden of Secrets quest.
For more World of Warcraft goodies, check out How to get WoW Dragonflight Twitch Drops on Pro Game Guides.