Genshin Impact's Hypotasis Symphony: Dissonant Verse event runs from November 25, 2022, to December 5, 2022. During the event, a temporary Domain will open up by the Falcon Coast, where you can battle Hypostases with varying difficulties.
All players with Adventure Rank 20 and above can participate. Simply open the event menu, select Hypostatic Symphony, and click Go to Challenge to head to the event-exclusive Domain and begin.
How to complete the Hypostasis Symphony: Dissonant Verse event in Genshin Impact
Interact with the event Domain in Falcon Coast and select a challenge you want to take. A new Hypostasis will open up every two days, with the final options being the Cryo, Pyro, Hydro, and Dendro Hypostases. There are two types of challenges: Standard Scoring and Intense Scoring.
You can only complete standard Scoring once for every Hypostasis challenge. Click on Challenge Details to begin. You'll get an overview of the Dissonance (buff) and enemies you'll encounter for every challenge. Click Start to set up your team and begin the challenge. You can't change teams mid-way, so you must set teams that can defeat the final boss—the Hypostasis.
Dissonance can be activated using the T button on PC, and you can keep track of how many uses you have remaining on the lefthand corner of the screen. You can use Dissonance 10 times per challenge (40 times total per Standard Scoring). You can't interchange the Dissonance buffs. After completing all four rounds, you'll unlock the Intense Scoring challenge.
After completing Standard Scoring, click on Challenge Details again to begin the Intense Scoring round. You can complete this as often as you like but can only complete rewards once by completing Normal, Hard, and Fearless difficulties. If you complete the Fearless difficulty, you'll automatically get rewards for Normal and Hard as well.
Intense Scoring only has one enemy—the Hypostasis boss. View the Challenge Details to get an idea of how much stronger the boss will be. You can also pick one Dissonance (buff) to help you. The number of times you can use it depends on the difficulty you pick.
After completing the Fearless difficulty, you can play through the Extreme difficulty for fun. The Extreme difficulty will time your battle so you can compare it with others.
Tips for completing the Hypostasis Symphony: Dissonant Verse event in Genshin Impact
Since each Hypostasis boss has a different mechanic, we highly recommend bringing the following team members to help you out:
- Cryo Hypostasis
- Bring a Pyro character to easily break shields in Standard Scoring. The enemies are just Slimes and Hilichurls, Mitachurls, and Lawachurls, so a super-strong shield breaker is not necessary.
- Bring a non-Cryo main DPS as the boss is immune to Cryo.
- We recommend bringing a melee character to easily control your Charged Attacks when rolling the fallen Frostfruits toward the boss.
- Pyro Hypostasis
- Bring a character that can apply Hydro quickly to destroy Abyss Heralds' shields, as well as the nodes the Pyro Hypostasis summons. Barbara is a good choice if you have no better options.
- Bring a non-Pyro main DPS as the boss is immune to Pyro.
- Hydro Hypostasis
- Bring a character that can apply Pyro quickly to destroy the Hydro Hypostasis' summons before they reach the boss. Amber is a great choice if you have no better options. Bennett is not fast enough.
- Bring a non-Hydro main DPS as the boss is immune to Hydro.
- Dendro Hypostasis
- Bring a character that can apply Dendro to destroy the Dendro Hypostasis' summons before they heal the boss.
- We highly recommend bringing a character that can apply Electro to speed up the boss cleansing process.
- Bring a non-Dendro main DPS as the boss is immune to Dendro.
Check out our Genshin Impact Carefree Dreamland web event guide here on Pro Game Guides to complete another event running in conjunction with Hypostatic Symphony.