Collecting evidence can be a lengthy process, as you'll have to bring out your Ouija boards, your cameras, thermometers, and a plethora of other equipment. You and your other investigators will slowly find this evidence and come to a sound conclusion of what ghost type it is; however, if you are wrong, prepare to die.
There are 15 unique ghost types in Phasmophobia, and not a single one acts the same; each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
All Phasmophobia Ghost Types
- Strengths: Extinguishing a flame can cause an Onyro to attack.
- Weaknesses: When threatened, this ghost will be like likely to hunt.
- Strengths: When interacting with the environment, an Obake will rarely leave a trace.
- Weaknesses: Sometimes this ghost will shapeshift behind unique eveidence.
- Strengths: A Raiju can siphon power from nearby electrical devices, making it faster.
- Weaknesses: Raiju are constantly distrupting electronic equipment, making it easier to track when attacking.
- Strengths: Either Twin can be angered and initiate an attack on their prey.
- Weaknesses: The Twins will often interact with the environment at the same time.
- Strengths: A Goryo will usually onlu show itself on camera if there are no people nearby.
- Weaknesses: They are rarely seen far from their place of death.
- Strengths: A Myling is known to be quieter when hunting.
- Weaknesses: Mylings more frequently make paranormal sounds.
- Strength: A Bandhsee will only raget one person at a time.
- Weakness: Banshees fear the crucific and will be less aggressive near one.
- Strength: Demons will initiate hunts more often than other ghosts.
- Weakness: Demons will take less sanity when answering through a Ouija Board.
- Strengths: Lower temperaturs allow the Hantu to move at faster speeds.
- Weaknesses: Hantus move slower in warmer areas.
- Strength: A Jinn will travel at a faster speed if its victim is far away.
- Weakness: Turning off the location's power source will prevent the Jinn from using its ability.
- Strength: A Mare will have an increased chance to attack in the dark.
- Weakness: Turning the lights on around the Mare will lower its chance of attack.
- Strength: Onis are more active when people are nearby and have been seen moving objects at great speed.
- Weakness: Onis are very active making them easier to find.
- Strength: Looking at a Phantom will drop your sanity considerably faster.
- Weakness: Taking a photo of the Phantom will make is temporarily disappear.
- Strength: Poltergeists can throw multiple objects at once.
- Weakness: With nothing to throw, Poltergeists become powerless.
- Strength: A Revenant will travel at a signficantly faster speed when hunting their prey.
- Weakness: Hiding from the Revenanty will cause ot to move very slowly.
- Strength: Shades are much harder to find
- Weakness: The Ghost will not enter a hunt if there are multiple people nearby.
- Strength: Doesn't have one
- Weakness: A Spirit can be temporarily stopped by burning Smudge Sticks near them.
- Strength: Wraiths almost never touch the ground, meaning it can't be tracked by footsteps.
- Weakness: It reacts salt.
- Strength: Talking near a Yokai will anger it, increasing the chance of attack.
- Weakness: When hunting, a Yokai can only hear voices close to it.
- Strength: Players Sanity is affected more than usual.
- Weakness: Smudging the Yurei's place of death will trap it temporarily reducing how much it wanders.