Monsieur Neuvillette is the Melusine-loving Iudex of Fontaine and leader of the Marechaussee Phantom. He works closely with the Hydro Archon, Furina, and enacts justice upon the guilty in the Opera Epiclese alongside the Oratrice Mecanique d'Analyse Cardinale.
Neuvillette is a five-star Hydro catalyst user with a fun kit. If you managed to pull for him, here's how to build him to become an efficient main DPS unit.
Best weapons for Neuvillette in Genshin Impact
Neuvillette is an HP-scaling unit, so all catalysts that offer an Attack percent substat are automatically out of the question. There are very few DPS-oriented options left in the roster—here are some great choices for him.
- Tome of the Eternal Flow (overall best-in-slot)
- Prototype Amber (best free four-star option)
- Ballad of the Boundless Blue
- Sacrificial Jade (best paid four-star option at R5)
Best Artifacts for Neuvillette in Genshin Impact
Neuvillette is an HP-scaling DPS unit and is easy to build; simply replace the usual Attack requirement with HP. Here are his recommended main and substats:
- Sands: HP percent
- Goblet: Hydro Damage Bonus
- Circlet: Crit Rate or Crit Damage (aim for your ideal ratio)
- Substats: HP, Crit Rate or Crit Damage (aim for your ideal ratio), and some Energy Recharge (100 to 170% depending on weapon and team)
Meanwhile, for Artifact sets, there is only one set that I would highly recommend giving to Neuvillette:
- Four-piece Marechaussee Hunter
- Amazing pick that boosts Neuvillette's Normal and Charged Attacks by 15%, then additionally boosts his Crit Rate whenever his HP increases or decreases. Since the Crit Rate boost has a near 100% uptime thanks to his Charged Attack, using this set can ease the Crit Rate requirement to meet an ideal ratio.
Best team for Neuvillette in Genshin Impact
Neuvillette has a unique passive that increases his Charged Attack Damage depending on the number of Reactions triggered in the team (max three stacks). To maximize this, you need to trigger two to three Hydro-based Reactions, which you can do by having more variety in the team's Elemental alignment. Some teammate ideas for him include:
- Swirl support - Great for crowd control, allowing Neuvillette to target groups of enemies within the range of his Hydro cannon. Kazuha and Venti are great options, and C1 Lynette is also decent.
- Freeze support - Since Neuvillette can apply consistent Hydro, you can easily bring a Cryo unit to freeze enemies for crowd control, as an alternative to Swirl. Layla and Diona are great options who double up as shielders.
- Shielder - Essential for interrupt resistance. Some great options include Layla, Diona, and Kirara, as they can also trigger Reactions. Zhongli is also decent, but you will miss out on Reactions as he's Geo.
- Electro sub-DPS - Great for triggering Reactions, especially if off-field. Some options include Raiden Shogun, Yae Miko, Fischl, and Beidou.
- Dendro sub-DPS - Great for triggering Reactions. Nahida is a great teammate for Neuvillette.
- Hydro Resonance - You can choose to run double Hydro at the expense of one or more Reactions. Xingqiu and Yelan particularly pair well with Neuvillette, being off-field sub-DPS units
Can't decide whether or not to pull for Fontaine's Chief Justice? Check out our recommendation on Should you pull for Neuvillette in Genshin Impact? here on Pro Game Guides.