The types of weapons in Genshin Impact consist of five different classes and each character is specific to wield only one class of weapons. These classes include Swords, Claymores, Polearms, Catalysts, and Bows.
Best Weapons for Each Class in Genshin Impact
Including their Base Attack Level and beginning stats, the list below consists of the top three, five-star weapons of each class, in Genshin Impact.
Swords are ranked somewhere in the middle of Genshin Impact's melee weapons. The damage they deal and the speed of their attacks are in between the Claymore's slow attacks and the Polearms quicker attacks.
- Mistsplitter Reforged
- Base Attack of 48. Boosts Critical Damage and increases Elemental Damage by 12% for all elements.
- Primordial Jade Cutter
- Base Attack of 44. Boosts Critical Damage, increases HP by 20% and provides and additional Attack Bonus.
- Aquila Favonia
- Base Attack of 48. Increases Attack by 20% and regenerates health upon taking damage.
Claymores provide slower hits, compared to the other melee weapons, but deal massive damage per swing. These heavy weapons also have a damage bonus for breaking Geo objects.
- Wolf's Gravestone
- Base Attack of 46. Increases base Attack damage by 20% and further increases damage by 40%, for 12 seconds.
- Skyward Pride
- Base Attack of 48. Increase all Damage by 8% and deals powerful vacuum attack, that does 80% Attack Damage.
- Song of Broken Pines
- Base Attack of 49. Increases Physical Damage by 20% and increases attack by 16%.
Related: Best Kokomi Builds in Genshin Impact
Polearms provide the quickest attacks, compared to all Genshin Impact weapons, and also allot its characters with further reach.
- Staff of Homa
- Base Attack of 46. Increases HP by 20% and provides an Attack Bonus based on 0.8% of the wielder's Max HP.
- Primordial Jade Winged-Spear
- Base Attack of 48. On hit, increases Attack by 3% for six seconds.
- Skyward Spine
- Base Attack of 48. Increases Critical Damage by 8% and increases Normal Attack Speed by 12%. Normal and Charged Attacks on opponents have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40% Attack Damage in a small AoE.
The magical nature of Catalysts consider all Normal and Charged Attacks as elemental damage. The wielder's natural element, or vision will determine the element of the damage.
- Everlasting Moonglow
- Base Attack of 46. Increases Healing Bonus by 10% and increases Normal Attack Damage by 1% of Max HP.
- Skyward Atlas
- Base Attack of 48. Increases Elemental Damage by 12%.
- Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds
- Base Attack of 46. Increases CRIT Damage by 30.2% and increases the character's movement speed by 10%. Gives an additional 8% Elemental Damage Bonus, every four seconds.
Long-ranged attacks go to the Bows in Genshin Impact. With impeccable aim and a proper Charged Attack, they are capable of damaging monsters from a great distance.
- Thundering Pulse
- Base Attack of 46. Increases Attack by 20% and increases Normal Attack Damage by 12%.
- Skyward Harp
- Base Attack of 48 and Increases CRIT Damage by 20%.
- Amos' Bow
- Base Attack of 46. Increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack Damage by 12% and increases Damage dealt by 8%, every 0.1 seconds.
Be sure to check out all of our Genshin Impact coverage on the PGG homepage! In the meantime, take a look at our guides on How to farm all Weapon Ascension Materials in Genshin Impact and How to farm all Weapon Ascension Materials in Genshin Impact.