The Black Forge is one of several items added with Valheim's Mistlands update that most players jumping back in won't know about. This is because Black Forges are an end-game crafting construction that require confusing resources. Luckily, we at Pro Game Guides know everything about the Black Forge and how to make and use it in Valheim Mistlands.
How to craft the Black Forge in Valheim
To craft the Black Forge in Valheim, you must gather 10 Black Marble, 10 Yggdrasil Wood, and five Black Cores. Here's where you'll find all of the resources listed below:
- Where to find Black Marble - You can find Black Marble in Valheim by exploring and mining Petrified Bones with a Black Metal Pickaxe.
- Where to find Yggdrasil Wood - Yggdrasil Wood is located within the Mistlands biome in the form of Yggdrasil Shoots. Chop down Yggdrasil Shoots with at least a Black Metal Axe to get Yggdrasil Wood in Valheim.
- Where to find Black Cores - To find Black Cores in Valheim, you must search Infested Mines and loot them from torches. We recommend bringing your best weapons and armor before entering the Infested Mines. Infested Mines are home to bugs called Seekers, but you can use their weaknesses to Fire, Frost, and Lighting to kill them quickly.
How to upgrade the Black Forge in Valheim
To upgrade your Black Forge in Valheim, you must craft the Black Forge Cooler upgrade construction. You can make the Black Forge Cooler with five Iron, five Copper, and four Black Marble. Here's how to get both Copper and Iron in Valheim:
- How to get Iron in Valheim - To get Iron in Valheim, you must farm Scrap Iron found within Sunken Crypts in the Swamp biome. Note: Before entering Sunken Crypts, you must slay the Eldar boss and get a Swamp Key.
- How to get Copper in Valheim - You can get Copper in Valheim by mining Copper Ore and smelting it. To get Copper Ore, you must mine it inside the Black Forest biome.
How to use a Black Forge in Valheim
Players can use Black Forges in Valheim to craft several end-game tier weapons and armor sets. The most notable items you can make inside the Black Forge include the Carapace Armor set and the Mistwalker Sword.
How to place a Black Forge in Valheim
Once you have all the required resources, you can build your Black Forge in Valheim by placing it using a hammer tool. Start with the hammer equipped in your hand via the Hotbar and right-click to open the Build Menu. Under the Build Menu, locate the Crafting tab and select the Black Forge. After selecting the Black Forge, left-click with your mouse to place the Black Forge on the ground.
For more on Valheim, we at Pro Game Guides have you covered with guides like Where to find and use Withered Bones in Valheim – Withered Bone Locations and How to make and use a Galdr Table in Valheim.